Author Topic: Portland 2014  (Read 1745 times)

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
Portland 2014
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:26:05 PM »
Just wanted to say THANK YOU! For the incredibly warm and generous welcome that I received from everyone that I had never met before via this website at Portland! Kindra and I had a great time!! I just wanted to share something that I noticed about everyone that I met from the younger or more junior members (well let's just say under 50ish lol!) Rick, Mike, Jim etc..to the senior or older members maybe not even members of this site but guys with a vast amount of Simplex information and knowledge like Bob Legron, Bob Kerr, Jim Lokie, Wayne Mahaffee just to name a few! Your passion is second to none! And everyone's willingness to help, give advice, support, compliment and welcome new blood into the relatively small world of the Simlpex Servi-cycle is to me pretty awesome! You all deserve a pat on the back! And once again Thanks! Semperfi!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:29:09 PM by relic »
The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the sweetness of low cost!

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Portland 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:52 AM »
The Simplex bike pulled in two ttrophies today. YEA  :o

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
Yeah! Bob from West Virginia aka WVbiker called to let me know!  He is the new owner, I am glad we-(the Simplex guys) stole a little thunder from the sea of Cushman's! Lol! And again thanks for all the compliments that you guys gave on that bike it is and was very much appreciated! From what Bob told me it won 1st place in the Motor bike Restored, junior class, and Peoples Choice, Best Restored 1st place!  He sent me this picture-
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:23:56 AM by relic »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »
That bike deserved the win!  Mike, you did a really nice job.  I can't wait to see the Truck done next year!  The only problem with showing a bike at Portland, is you can't ride it around.  Sounds to me like you will need another, or two, as a rider for next year!
Rick

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »
well i just sent a guy a deposit on a 52, or 53 not sure yet?? I might use it for parts not sure yet? its complete just all apart and the frame is a little rough but everything else is sweet!....My girl Kindra said it has not been a year since finding and restoring the 57 and i am on #4 Simplex she said i should be sitting in a room with a bunch of other people stating a fact like this...my name is Mike and i have a problem-lol!  she says i need counciling! lol! but yes being there and not riding would'nt be right! I will do my best to have a rider

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:19:04 PM »
Congrats on the trophy's to you and wvbiker, it was well deserved. it was nice meeting you both.

WVbiker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »
Just arrived home from my first trip to Portland and am already looking forward to next year's event. I enjoyed meeting so many guys who share a mutual interest in Simplex motorcycles, and now being able to put a face to the names of those I have followed on this website. Winning two trophies with the bike Mike restored was gratifying, however it isn't meant for a single individual. I consider this a win for the entire "Simplex Owners Group".  The ice has been broken!

Bob

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 02:12:40 PM »
I think with all the Simplex's that were there this year, and also getting 37 of them lined up for the group photo is proof that they are becomming more popular.