Author Topic: seat fix for bigger men  (Read 5532 times)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
seat fix for bigger men
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »
Ok heres the reversible seat fix I promised on the other thread. Let me know what y'all think its a simple fix till we can find a larger spring.   ???

pd

• View Profile
Re: seat fix for bigger men
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:50:36 AM »
Looks good from here , Reese .

Pete :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

socalsimplex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »
Could I use these? I was planning on welding them on the frame and offset the base of the springs. Basically the same setup as yours, but utilizing the frame. I'm a big boy too, 6 ft 3, 300 lbs.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p456/buy/m-c-parts/seats-amp-saddlebags/seat-springs-amp-mounts/lowbrow-customs-solo-seat-weld-on-spring-mounts-perches/

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:10:10 AM »
Those weld on points are another way to go. I myself am not a fan of making permanent changes. The way I look at it someday somebody may want to reverse what I did to it. As you can see I used a lot of special hade too find parts. You know larger bolts in the springs, a coupling or two, and a large enough piece of metal to bolt them too. I even used one of the old spring bolts too hold the seat bracket on top so it wouldn't be lost.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »
I found a way to remedy the seat spring problem with out altering the originality of my 48.  Should have it fixed in time for Portland.  Its called......losing weight.  20 pounds gone and headed for more!!   Spring is better already!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 05:32:02 AM »
I found a way to remedy the seat spring problem with out altering the originality of my 48.  Should have it fixed in time for Portland.  Its called......losing weight.  20 pounds gone and headed for more!!   Spring is better already!

Tom, my waist called, it said it found 10 of your pounds!  LOL
Rick

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »
Mines reversible ...I used a coil over spring off the race car...I'll try and post a pic in a bit.

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 08:12:46 AM »
See if it uploads

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
Well I'm waiting to see how much it will cost to make a heavier spring. I got one at a spring producer and waiting for a call back. It will look like old stock but be a heavier push. The setup I was using got in the way of the drive belt. So was will see.