Author Topic: VMBC would like to say hello  (Read 10025 times)

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
VMBC would like to say hello
« on: October 25, 2014, 05:54:40 AM »
Hello guys,
This is Darren. I haven't visited here in a while. Life has been crazy since the meet. The wife, kids, and I have enjoyed this past summer with little weekend vacations to car shows and Indian motorcycle club gatherings. I can't believe the summer is gone and the cold is starting to just linger around now with only a few peaks of warm air hear and there.

I didn't really know where to post this since it isn't related to this website in a way, but I'm looking for some club member participation in testing out a VMBC forum with me. This is really about the only site that I'm aware of that some of you participate in. I need about half a dozen guys that are somewhat familiar with using a forum and a computer. I'll be looking for suggestions that will aid in making the VMBC forum easier for use and to make sure it works well for what we require in the forum. The design is not complete and can be modified to fit our needs should we determine that modification is needed for a more pleasing experience.

If you would like to participate in this please email me at dchafin1122@gmail.com

In addition to that, if you are aware of a scooter related event please send me and info that you may have. A flyer of the event would be great!

Thanks
Darren

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: VMBC would like to say hello
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »
Hi Darren!  I would be happy to participate in the new forum, as I was a member of the old one.  Hopefully you can get it off the ground and build a home base for all the scooters.

The back cover of the magazine was much appreciated by all us Simplex guys, and we look forward to getting a larger group together at Portland 2015.  I would like to see us line up 50 Simplex's down the road, one after the other, this year.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »
Hey Darren  ,

Count me in .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
Count me in also, let me know if I can help.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 08:26:58 AM »
Good to see considerable progress . ;)

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
Wow!

That new website is a tremendous improvement over the previous two incarnations!

I did, however, have trouble registering for the forum. Apparently none of the old user names and information got carried over to the new one, so I re-registered with my chosen name. I went through the steps and eventually came to a screen that indicated a password would be sent to the email address that I supplied. Never got it, so I went back and tried again. This time it told me that the user name was already registered. So...I'm not sure what to do now. I'm a pretty computer savvy person but can't work around this one.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »
Wow!

That new website is a tremendous improvement over the previous two incarnations!

I did, however, have trouble registering for the forum. Apparently none of the old user names and information got carried over to the new one, so I re-registered with my chosen name. I went through the steps and eventually came to a screen that indicated a password would be sent to the email address that I supplied. Never got it, so I went back and tried again. This time it told me that the user name was already registered. So...I'm not sure what to do now. I'm a pretty computer savvy person but can't work around this one.

I don't know if you got the email from Darren, but he said they know about the problem and are working on it.
Rick

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
Wow!

I don't know if you got the email from Darren, but he said they know about the problem and are working on it.

Ahh...good to know. I had not been emailing Darren directly, so I didn't know that. If it is a known issue they're working on, I won't bug them about it. Thanks for mentioning it!

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »
What is the new web site? same as old?

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »
Sonrisers go to fb the check out the Simplex page and look for Jessike post it has a direct link. It's a very improved site. You can even read the current magazine.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:05 PM »
 You won't know the new from the old site , but for the name .

The new site is not completed yet .  Don't try to register ...
Hopefully , that should be relatively soon as they are working to fix the remaining bugs .

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »
Hello gents and fellow scooter aficionados. If you would like to talk about a little more than Simplex Motorbikes the VMBC (vintagemotorbikeclub.org)forums is completely up and running. I just tried changing my wife's profile with just her password and all seemed to go well. She has the same hoops to go through as all of you meaning if she can do it, so should you in theory. Some of you may have tried to register when the site wasn't working correctly thus you never received a password to join in on the forums. That problem is now fixed! If you had tried once before to register, it will not send you another password again. So I had sent those of you who already registered a temporary password. With this password you may enter the website forums under login and click on your profile. The problem of not getting into your profile is now fixed. When on your profile page, it will give you the option to edit (very bottom) your profile allowing you to change your password.

After doing this you should be able to post whatever. Be sure that you logout before leaving the site.  Otherwise the site will recognize you as already logged in when you return.

The one downfall of the site is no real recognition that you are logged in. The only way to know is the wording in the top right of the screen will give you the option to logout next to your profile. I may have left something out of this process but I don't think so. I had about thirty some wanna be members  :o that I had to develop passwords for that I had to manually pass out, so I may have goofed on one or two. It got kinda monotonous. At any rate if you encounter problems getting in or whatever, just send me an email to dchafin1122@gmail.com subject VMBC Forums

I seldom can do anything until the evening hours so it may be a day before I can fix any problem that you may experience.

Until then I hope you enjoy the new and improved VMBC website!  vintagemotorbikeclub.org

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 09:56:59 PM »
Looks good , so far , Darren .

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »
Hello gents,
If you can't wait to see what the VMBC winter magazine looks like it is up on the VMBC website at vintagemotorbikeclub.org
It's a lot quicker than waiting for the paper version also. If you would like quick updates on what's happening with the VMBC, join our Facebook group! We have 152 members and growing. Find us at Vintage Motor Bike Club on Facebook. Stuff occasionally shows up for sale, wanted, and information about our website always finds its way there. ;D

The VMBC website is up and running correctly with no problems that I'm aware of. If you know of any events, members that have passed away, or anything that your not sure if it should be on the website or not, please let us be the judge. Send it to me at dchafin1122@gmail.com

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »
Just Checked out the new VMBC site. A lot better site than it use to be.  I think the site will get better with time. Looking forward to visiting it often. Bill Marcum  :)