Author Topic: shiny new fuel filter  (Read 9942 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
shiny new fuel filter
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
The old plastic fuel filter I had, was in need of replacement/upgrade.  After considering a bowl type, I decided to go with this different retro glass/chrome style instead.  After figuring out the best mounting location to allow for vibration, heat, and most direct route to carb., here's what it came out looking like.  I like it, and really cleaned up top of the engine nicely.  Next/last mod. is a small chrome/green valve cover vent filter I like, and I think bike's about done.  Maybe?  LOL.  Maybe look for another project bike, and do a foot clutch, jockey shift with a old Suzuki twin 2 stroke I found?  That might be dangerously fun servi custom???
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:19:15 PM by carryall »

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: shiny new fuel filter
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 04:54:21 AM »
Your bike is looking great Paul.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »
What he said ^ . ;)

And , that Simzuki sounds like it could be a fun project .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »
Thanks guys, I can honestly say, I have enjoyed working on it as much as riding it.  The work, design, fabrication, paint and modifications I have done, although on a budget, (est. at $1100 total) surpassed my expectations.  I appreciate your input and encouragement.  I've "re-done" quite a number of small bikes/motorcycles over the past years as a hobby, but will probably keep this one as my most unique/favorite looking moped.  Hopefully others looking for info. on how to do a "clone motor Servi" can use some of the stuff I've posted to help on their own project.  I'm always happy to pass on what I've learned to anyone who asks. 

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »
Thanks guys, I can honestly say, I have enjoyed working on it as much as riding it.  The work, design, fabrication, paint and modifications I have done, although on a budget, (est. at $1100 total) surpassed my expectations.  I appreciate your input and encouragement.  I've "re-done" quite a number of small bikes/motorcycles over the past years as a hobby, but will probably keep this one as my most unique/favorite looking moped.  Hopefully others looking for info. on how to do a "clone motor Servi" can use some of the stuff I've posted to help on their own project.  I'm always happy to pass on what I've learned to anyone who asks. 

Nice job!  Is that a light above the headlight, or something else?

Post some pictures of your past bikes!
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
The little black box is a turn signal, horn, brakelight/tail light control box I was required to have to pass DOT inspection.  (It may come off eventually)  I didn't take many photos of projects but here's a few I found in some files.  I've done a few Honda Cubs (50, 55,) and a few CT90/110's also.  I bought/sold about a dozen regular "full size" motorcycles too, but only one I keep is my ZR7 because it's the last of the old 750 air-cooled carbed bikes from my past. (fond memories I guess of olden days of choppers, etc...)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:06:28 PM by carryall »

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 02:36:48 AM »
couple more I found.  The one is me at 15yrs old (1979?) on my first "legal bike". Note the snow, Plum Crazy color and protective riding gear.  (Easy Rider...LOL)  I had just got my GED and enlisted in the Navy.  My daughter found this photo and could NOT convince my grandson it was me!!!

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »
In addition to a wonderful holiday spent with family and grandkids, I received a "late Christmas present" from "significant other" for the Servi in the mail today.  She ordered it off my E-Bay list without me even noticing. (sneaky huh?)  I had to extend the valve cover vent tube down/out of the way, and needed to use a external spring (painted green of course LOL) to prevent it from kinking, but it looks nice, and she even took an interest in where, and what it's use is.  Let's make that 2 surprises today!   Did anyone else's bike get a Christmas present???

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
That might just work , Paul . ;)

But , I noticed the filter is green . I guess you'll have to be a bit more specific when you make the next list . :D

Thoughtful of her .

And , my Simplex just got a few more specks of dust for Christmas . :(

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »
I'll apply a fresh coat of wax, and/or hit it with a touch up paint pen on occasion.  Don't know where/how they happen but, seems there's always a chip, or something to fix/touch-up some where...My 9 yr. old Grandson not that "into it", BUT my grand-daughter loves to play with the brake lever/light and move the kick starter up & down, along with beeping the horn, turn signals, tail light, all the while yelling "Vroom, Vroom, get out of the way".  She's gonna be a "tom-boy" I think.  She LOVES it when I rev the engine on my ZR7 down in the basement parking area.  "LOUDER, LOUDER" she yells!  Hilarious for a 4 yr old girl.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »
Cute kid .

You gonna build a Simplex truck for her ? ;)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »
We'll see.  I'll wait for the "purposely crash into the wall" and laugh phase to end first. 

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
That ^ would be a wise move .

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 10:01:10 AM »
Because the forums so dead, here's a pic of my latest project.  Vespa (Piaggio) Grande.  Less than 500 miles on it but hasn't been started/run for years.  Pulled carb, filed points and re-gapped to get spark. (Italian engineers hate mechanics BTW!) and now need to replace fuel line, add inline filter, and install new inner tube in rear tire.  Cat needed another perch anyways.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »
Not much of a project ... 5 minute job and it'll be done .

The cat seems right at home . ;)