Author Topic: pinstripes  (Read 2119 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
pinstripes
« on: February 01, 2015, 08:18:45 AM »
I've been playing around/practicing with a set of pinstripe brushes on/off, and was considering doing some to my Servi.  Looked at pics of others bikes, and other than rim, anyone else added pinstripes to tank, fenders, neck area, headlight?  For the sake of discussion and to get a better idea of what looks good, anybody have some pics to post of what they've painted/had painted on theirs? 

pd

• View Profile
Re: pinstripes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:09:36 AM »
Paul ,

I did my rims with the pin stripper I borrowed from Reese .
Took a bit of practice , but I think they turned out good enough .

I like some of the pin stripping on the frame and tank . I haven't done any but the rims .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
Well if I was not at work I have lots of pics that I have found over the years. I've seen single and double stripes on fenders. Fenders with the little triangle at the end. Shoot I've even seen pinstripes on the frame from front to back. I would say try a little of everything and what you don't like paint over it.  :D

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »
I have double stripe pinstripe tape on the fenders and headlight, and will probably just keep it rather than replace with painted stripes "for now", but was considering adding some scroll work to fenders. (front/rear both) and possibly tank.    I kinda like the retro Von Dutch look personally, but easier said than done. (making symmetrical is the tough part) 

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:36:03 AM »
That looks fine with the tape, but if you ever want to go to paint let me know. I have purchased a twin strip head for my rig. It does one large and one smaller strip kinda close like what you have there. Just remember it can be shipped in a day or two.  :D

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »
Thanks, that's very nice of you!  When I settle on what/where and color(s) I'll use, I may take you up on your offer.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 10:48:47 AM »
If I get some time I will try to post a few of the photos I have for research purposes. I sent a copy of the early file to Rick w/ a S to possibly have a photo library for reference on here. You know photos only no chat just something to where or how something went together.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »
good idea.  thanks!

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 05:36:22 PM »
well here's two