Author Topic: Wizard Front Hub  (Read 11574 times)

HGontheHD

• View Profile
    • Email
Wizard Front Hub
« on: April 23, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
So I figured out why the front hub on my Wizard looks so odd but is the original crème color of Simplex.
A PO has taken the hub completely apart and reassembled it backasswards.
I wasn't aware the hub ends could be separated from the inner portion but they surely can.
It took a lot more engineering to put it back together incorrectly and make it fit than just put it back together the correct way.
Huston
hgonthehd

HGontheHD

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wizard Front Hub
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:40:27 PM »
I had another set of rims that I put on the Wizard.
They have just the right amount of patina IMHO and I believe it looks much better than with the original rims that were very rusty.
Huston
hgonthehd

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 07:17:32 PM »
Good looking Wizard I've looked for information regarding the Western Auto Wizard & not found much history on what appears to be a private re-label of the Servi-cycle. I remember these as a kid, but really didn't know they were made by Simplex until recently. Do you or any forum members have any history on these little gems? Rick C.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:27:06 AM »
I had, what I was told, was an old Western Auto Flyer bicycle I found in a dump (frame & "gas-tank") that I built into a motorized bike years ago...Seems Western Auto sold all sorts of "stuff" back in "the day"? 

HGontheHD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »
According to Wayne MaHaffey the Wizard was only sold one year by Western Auto and is only a rebrand of the Simplex.
The year is believed to be 1953 that Western Auto carried these since the frames were painted the same color as the tins and Simplex stopped this in 1954.
Huston
hgonthehd

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »
According to Wayne MaHaffey the Wizard was only sold one year by Western Auto and is only a rebrand of the Simplex.
The year is believed to be 1953 that Western Auto carried these since the frames were painted the same color as the tins and Simplex stopped this in 1954.

According to that , pre '54 all bikes were the same color frame and tins and '54 and after the frames were black and tins what ever other color ?

If that's true , I learned something new today .

Thanks .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)