Author Topic: New from Iowa  (Read 4617 times)

56effie

• View Profile
    • Email
New from Iowa
« on: May 15, 2015, 08:33:23 AM »
Hope I'm doing this right. Just joined this forum, I live in from NW Iowa. Bought a 65 Senior off Craig's List last week. It's in really good shape as it has been repainted with springs, handle bars, ad even the chain being chromed. Has the 175cc Continental Red Seal engine. Missing grips, but still has the original throttle. Engine starts, but no lights and kill portion of switch doesn't work. After I saw the picture on Craig's List I pretty much knew I was going to buy it. Certain things looked familiar. It just happened to be the same one my father brought back from Minn. fifty years ago. He traded it and some cash for a smooth concrete floor when I went in the service in 68. I now have it back.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New from Iowa
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:57:06 AM »
That's a great story. Post some pictures.  Judging by your screen name, you must also have a 1956 F100.
Rick

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
Welcome . Enjoy your bike . I hope someone here can help you with the wiring issue mentioned in your other post.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 08:19:41 PM »
Welcome 56effie . :)

How right is it that you now have that bike ? ;)

I use to have an aunt by the name of Effie . She lived in NW Iowa . Sioux Center .

Post a few pics of what you have .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

56effie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Haven't quite got the hang of this yet on posting a reply, but I'll get the hang of it. I'll try to post some pictures, probably have to get my daughter to walk me through it. Yup, got a 56 F-100 plus a few others cars. Seems like I'm car rich and cash poor. Sorry about the delay in answering, every time I logged on I saw it said 0 messages with 0 new and would log back out again. I'll get better at this. By the way pd, I live in Sioux City.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 08:55:05 PM »
" By the way pd, I live in Sioux City. "

Miles of corn fields in your part of the country . ;)

56effie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New from Iowa a couple of pics
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »
A couple of pictures of the 65. Looks pretty good, but it has had a hard life. Had to soak wheel bearings in thinner to clean out old grease. Chain broke the other day while testing the motor. Looks like they chromed the chain over the small cracks around the roller pins.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 08:17:28 PM »
Nice looking bike.  Does it ride as smooth as it looks?

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »
Agreed . Nice looking bike .

56effie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 08:37:40 PM »
Haven't ridden it to much especially after the chain broke. Put the new chain on today, and decided to go with a LED tail light and LED head light as I think the lighting coils are weak and just don't want to keep them both lit at the same time. Don't plan on running at night anyway. Just daylight running lights to keep police happy. If I remember right, even new the headlight beam was nothing to write home about. Once I get the lighting conversion done and get a few miles on it to test them out, I'll post some pictures.