Author Topic: New from Iowa  (Read 27130 times)

56effie

• View Profile
    • Email
New from Iowa
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:30:19 AM »
Hi, new from Iowa and need help with a 65 Senior wiring problem. Picked up the same Senior my father bought 50 years ago and sold while I was in the service in 68. Engine runs, but the kill portion of the switch doesn't work. Also I have no tail, brake, or headlights. Previous owner took the bike apart for restoration just to show so I don't think wires were put back as original. New wires spliced in and only one wire to tail light. Haven't found any diagrams on line for this machine. Anybody have a wiring diagram, or could walk me through the wiring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rldebuse

• View Profile
Re: New from Iowa
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:39:42 PM »
Here is the description of the lighting system from the manual for the Compact.  The Senior manual is word-for-word. 

56effie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New from Iowa
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
Thanks Ridebuse, can't believe I've been off the internet for four months. Bitch getting older. Kind of figured how that worked, think I have bad lighting coil. When I turn headlight on, taillight goes out. Planning on using a 12 volt led head and taillight with a solid state voltage regulator to cut down on voltage spikes at idle. Than figure a kick start, always wore gloves when starting as the kickback would rip the pull start handle right out of your hand.