Author Topic: Got my Dad's Servi coming from Colorado  (Read 8581 times)

rrissler

• View Profile
    • Email
Got my Dad's Servi coming from Colorado
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:17:28 AM »
Hi, folks! I'm new to...everything... motorized. Despite my father's attempts to teach me when I was a teen, I was only interested in eyeliner and boys at that time (am I the lone girl on this forum?) Possibly as revenge, he left me his Servi-Cycle, and I'm shipping it from CO to CA. I won't even know what parts are missing til it all gets here...it came out of a shed in my backyard, where, as my sister said "It's not all in one piece, but it's all in one place."

So stay tuned...I'm gonna have questions! The former Ducati-riding husband is already rolling his eyes.  ;D

pd

• View Profile
Re: Got my Dad's Servi coming from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:59:53 AM »
Welcome rrissler . :)

Great that he left his Servi to you .
You found the right place . Ask away . We'll do our best to help you .
Post pics when you get your bike .
When you can , post the frame and motor #s for our registry .
And , you may just be the lone girl here . But , that's OK . ;)

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »
McMahon and Tonya were on here but are not active.  So you are the only one!

Cant wait for your posts!   Would that be a desmo ducati!!

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:01:28 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the forum family . Not to worry about being the only girl , you'll get all of our attention  ;) . Many of these guys really know there Simplex stuff .
 I hope when it was shipped they looked about the shed and sent you all the parts . Oh and watch out the Ducati boy may just try and take over your Servi Cycle project  ;D

Vince

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum. You'll find that there are a few of us out here on the west coast, not many though. Are you in Southern California or Northern Cal?

Gary S

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »
Welcome rrissler . :)

Great that he left his Servi to you .
You found the right place . Ask away . We'll do our best to help you .
Post pics when you get your bike .
When you can , post the frame and motor #s for our registry .
And , you may just be the lone girl here . But , that's OK . ;)

Well Grasshopper... The first bridge you must cross is PUSH START, ROCKER, or AUTOMATIC, I guess your father already made that choice for you... Let us know what you have and post plenty of pix..

GaryS

P.S> Welcome and the Manual Section is awsome.
Never post anything on an open forum that you would not say in a crowded elevator.

rrissler

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »
Well, I see that you guys rock already! I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains (OK, to a Colorado girl, they are more like little hills, but then everything is marketed as bigger in California...) The bike bits are being crated and shipped as we speak, for the low, low cost of one helluva lot. My sisters are wrangling over the Harley Super 10 and the Shortster (no one wants a minibike...)

The Ducati boy just shakes his head and walks away, so no worries. All of his bikes are older (when Ducs were cool, and no one knew that Italians pay extra for gnats in the paint). A 907, and a Laguna Seca race-prepped F1. I'll keep mine...2 70's era Honda 400Fs in varying stages of decay and a tiny, angry 64 CB72 with a cylinder issue. Then we move on to the 71 BMW 2002...a great car, but the wipers don't work and when you turn on the heater, the engine dies. I sense electrical... The SV, however, is the issue primo!

I'll send all pics when I get them. One interesting bit was a rubber pedal-ey thing, with a K and star on each end. HHHMMM...

Gary S

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 11:39:04 AM »
Well, I see that you guys rock already! I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains (OK, to a Colorado girl, they are more like little hills, but then everything is marketed as bigger in California...) The bike bits are being crated and shipped as we speak, for the low, low cost of one helluva lot. My sisters are wrangling over the Harley Super 10 and the Shortster (no one wants a minibike...)

The Ducati boy just shakes his head and walks away, so no worries. All of his bikes are older (when Ducs were cool, and no one knew that Italians pay extra for gnats in the paint). A 907, and a Laguna Seca race-prepped F1. I'll keep mine...2 70's era Honda 400Fs in varying stages of decay and a tiny, angry 64 CB72 with a cylinder issue. Then we move on to the 71 BMW 2002...a great car, but the wipers don't work and when you turn on the heater, the engine dies. I sense electrical... The SV, however, is the issue primo!

I'll send all pics when I get them. One interesting bit was a rubber pedal-ey thing, with a K and star on each end. HHHMMM...

Sounds like you have to sign up for more forums... just simplex here.
Don't waste any money on manicures while you're wheeling spanners, just a Jumbo tub of GO-JO and a HUGE box of shop rags should do it.
keep us posted.

GaryS
Never post anything on an open forum that you would not say in a crowded elevator.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 03:56:10 AM »
I trust your Simplex made it to Cali.  Pot some pics !  Sounds like you guys live and breath motorcycles so don't keep us waiting any longer!

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:39 AM »
Welcome to the Simplex world. These are really cool vintage bikes. And they were made in the good ole US of A. As time permits, read all the posts on this site. If you take the time you will soak up all the information available in a very short time. Then you'll be ready to start the journey. Parts are available. Sometimes pricey but available. Enjoy the project, that's what it all about. Bob

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:30 AM »
Don't hold your breath guys . She hasn't been here in over 2 years . :(

Goes around , Comes around . :)