Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1844 times)

cotton

• View Profile
    • Email
Insurance
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
I don't know if this has ever been talked about before, but I was wondering what some of you were doing about insurance.   We should at least have liability - the cheapest I've been able to find is $100 a year on each of my bikes.  Does that sound reasonable or are there better deals out there? Thanks for any replies, Dwayne

pd

• View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:56:43 PM »
Right now , I only have storage coverage for $6K  . That comes to a grand total of $5.90 for the year .

Sorry that I can't help anymore than that .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:46 AM »
I have Hagerty Insurance on my bikes.  They are a stated value policy.  I have 3 bikes insured for a total of $16,000, and it costs me $183 a year. 
Rick

WVbiker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:31:04 PM »
I have two bikes insured with Hagerty and valved at $11,500. The annual cost of my policy is $125.

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
Hagerty for me as well.

If you are not familiar with Hagerty, it's not like typical insurance most folks are used to. Hagerty does full coverage policies for agreed value. How much it costs depends on what you're insuring and what the agreed value is along with the usual things like where you live, etc.

I spend $175 per year for two machines insured for an agreed $10k each located in TX.

The price includes all of the state required minimums for insurance, too, including liability coverage required to obtain registration.

I'd highly recommend checking them out.