Author Topic: Portland 2016  (Read 21746 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Portland 2016
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
Here are some of the goodies I picked up. 
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »
Wooden floorboard covers?  Was that a real "thing", or just somebodies idea?

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2016, 04:05:44 AM »
Wooden floorboard covers?  Was that a real "thing", or just somebodies idea?

Sonrisers is a wood worker and made them.  They were in a box of parts I bought from him.  If anybody wants them, let me know.  I think he said they are made of mahogany.
Rick

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
There were more Simplex bikes there than anything but the Cushmans. Not very many guys had one...there were gobs of em everywhere and on trucks or trailers.  Seems they're all being found and dragged out.
  I've struggled with if few things of late or I woulda thrown he truck together. Next year I guess.

butch27

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2016, 08:30:35 AM »
It WAS the most Simplexes I've seen.

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2016, 08:42:48 PM »
Finally got a chance to get on here. We had the best time we've ever had at Portland this year. Only had 26 Simplexs' this year for the group photo, but it was still a lot of fun. We were able to play instead of just pop corn the whole time. It was hot, but worth the trip. it was nice meeting new people and the same crowd. The floor boards are walnut, and I would have used them, but then I found some tread plate and had it powder coated.They would look nice with a few coats of clear, and the back side routed with the same round over bit.

Vince

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2016, 09:15:13 PM »
For those of us who couldn't attend, how were the prices for the bikes and other items that were for sale? Were they reasonable, overpriced etc.?

Just curious,

Vince

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2016, 06:27:51 AM »
I thought prices on everything at the meet were about the same as in the past....not sure about the simplex parts as the guys had them all scooped up by the time we got there, but I think they got some good deals.  Bob Legron was selling some of his excess parts.

I got some good deals on bicycle parts.  I haven't been able to find any used parts here locally, but at Portland, there was a whole stack of them on the ground & the guy said, take them all...they're free....& I bought new fenders for 2.00 a pair....
Mike Sal