Author Topic: At Long Last  (Read 3760 times)

Bob Gurkin

• View Profile
At Long Last
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
My Simplex Bike finally arrived. It has been enroute for 2 weeks. I had visions of it bouncing around in the back of a truck and beat to crap. Instead it was in the back of an enclosed trailer which was packed full of motorcycles. Each bike was locked down at 4 points and the guy definately knew exactly what he is doing. I would have no problems shipping with him anyplace he goes. Anyway it is sitting in the kitchen (which tickled the wife to no end) and I will be seeing what it is going to take to get it running sometime in the next week or two. Here it is.

trooper82

• View Profile
Re: At Long Last
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »
That's good news Bob and that's one nice looking Simplex. Look forward to hearing what you are going to have to do to it and seeing some more pictures.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
Nice looking bike Bob.  Pull off the compression plate and see if they installed another one under it.
Rick

Bob Gurkin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
I have another bike I have to finish up before I can start on this on. I am so hoping there is a compression plate under this one. The motor has obviously been run and I can't see it running without that plate. I will see shortly.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:20:23 AM »
Bob, anything new on this bike?  Did it fire up or is it going to need some attention?

Rick

Bob Gurkin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
Rick, I got sidetracked into building some rifles. I just finished an airsoft 1903 Springfield and a Mosin Nagant and have two other rifles I want to build. The bike is in the shop and it is so hot in there that it would be more like torture than fun to work on it now. I can work on the rifles under AC  :) I will shoot some shots of the rifles and post a couple. I know they arn't bikes, but it's all good.