Author Topic: fumoto drain valve  (Read 1979 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
fumoto drain valve
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:17:52 AM »
For those with H.F. 212 Predator engines on one of Waynes motor mount plates, I'm sure you've noticed the tendency for oil to hide and drip out from under the engine/plate, after finishing changing the oil.  These Fumoto oil valves eliminate the time and mess associated with it.  Slip a small drain hose on, turn the lever on the valve, drain dirty oil into any small container.  Done.  No mess, no chance of stripped drain plug threads, no more crush washers, no drips afterwards, marking your parking spot like a vintage Harley.   (pic of mine has a rubber cap over the drain hose nipple)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:50:53 AM by carryall »

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: fumoto drain valve
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:51:23 AM »
How do you know what size to get? I can not find reference to these type of engine.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: fumoto drain valve
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:15:08 PM »
M10X1.25 straight machine thread.   Fumoto F124N which has the 3/8" hose adapter/nipple.  I think I paid about $20.  No adapter was needed, as you can see from the picture of mine on the front of engine.  My engine (and the kick starter adapter plate) are adjusted "up" forward, so you may/may not need to... A) move engine plate forward to install/screw it in, or  B) grind back a little on engine mounting plate as needed for clearance like I did before I installed my kick start as seen in pic.  You could also install it on the rearward oil drain plug, which would work just as well, and would involve no grinding/clearance problems at all, once the valve is "installed/screwed in", if you have the "kick starter plate" under it, which acts as a 1/4" "shim", thus keeping it up and above the motor mount plate.  It'd just be a little less convenient getting a finger on the lever to open/close the valve.   (see pic)  If I didn't have "ground clearance" issues on my ZR7 and HHR, I'd have these on them also.  Since they don't use an oil filter, and only holding 1 pint, frequent oil changes are a must, since it's now so cheap and easy.  (1qt of 10W/30 full synthetic at Fleet is $3)  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:28:54 PM by carryall »