Author Topic: Simplex Sportsman Compact  (Read 3130 times)

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
Simplex Sportsman Compact
« on: January 27, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »
I have a compact that I'm in the middle of restoring right now. I bought this little gem at Portland a year ago and I'm going to try and have it done for this year. I'm in need of the chain guard to buy or at least a picture of one so that I can make one reasonably close to an original. I also need some foot pegs made by bates, a rear taillight, and handle bar grips. I'm not sure what the grips should look like. I have the original aluminum caps that butt up to the grips but I have no idea what they should look like. I'm curious as to if the grips that were on other Simplex models would fit? You can also follow my progress on the VMBC Facebook group. Ask to join and we'll set you up.

If you have any help or information to offer I will check back here once in a while or you may email me at dchafin1122@gmail.com

Thanks,
Darren
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:44:54 PM by DarrenC »

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Simplex Sportsman Compact
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »
Someone had replied to my message and sent me a message via Facebook (I think) and I lost it or it just disappeared. Anyway I can't find it and the message consisted of tank decals. I only got a glance at it. If you see this please send it again. Thanks