Author Topic: Looking for a Symplex motorcycle  (Read 11022 times)

pd

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a Symplex motorcycle
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 07:37:45 AM »
Good you found a bike , Ian .
And , don't be a stranger here .
All these new meet attendees , they'll have to open more space .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 12:09:24 PM »
I feel both bad and stupid posting this but...long story short, I just got letter yesterday from my condo ASSociation telling me I essentially have NO CHOICE  but to rent an off-site storage garage now... for my motorcycle(s) and/or mopeds. (rules passed at last board meeting in Jan. included among other things, (along with a building wide "smoking ban")  As of now, only 1 motor vehicle per parking spot will be allowed in our underground parking area, and no longer will mopeds/motor assisted bikes, or scooters be allowed storage in the bicycle storage area)  NOW,after 5 years, I'm essentially being FORCED to rent a storage garage in town at $500/yr. (unless I park them in the snow covered parking lot outside and move them when it needs plowing.  LOL) so I changed my mind, and I'm just going to keep the Servi and relocate it, and my tools, etc. into the "storage garage", and work in peace.  Ian will now be "on the hunt" again for a bike unfortunately...SO, If anyone here can help him out, I would appreciate it as much as he would, I'm sure...

Gramps

• View Profile
    • US Scooter Museum
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:44 PM »
This one is for sale in Phoenix Arizona.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right,
There's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »

How about a link?
Rick

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
I feel both bad and stupid posting this but...long story short, I just got letter yesterday from my condo ASSociation telling me I essentially have NO CHOICE  but to rent an off-site storage garage now... for my motorcycle(s) and/or mopeds. (rules passed at last board meeting in Jan. included among other things, (along with a building wide "smoking ban")  As of now, only 1 motor vehicle per parking spot will be allowed in our underground parking area, and no longer will mopeds/motor assisted bikes, or scooters be allowed storage in the bicycle storage area)  NOW,after 5 years, I'm essentially being FORCED to rent a storage garage in town at $500/yr. (unless I park them in the snow covered parking lot outside and move them when it needs plowing.  LOL) so I changed my mind, and I'm just going to keep the Servi and relocate it, and my tools, etc. into the "storage garage", and work in peace.  Ian will now be "on the hunt" again for a bike unfortunately...SO, If anyone here can help him out, I would appreciate it as much as he would, I'm sure...

Now you have to come to Portland!  That is divine intervention right there!
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 01:50:09 PM »
Treen just sat up in his grave!

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »

I'd be hanging a 'Condo For Sale' sign on the front 'gate' .

Life is too short .

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 06:01:49 PM »
Trust me...ain't nothing "divine" about most of the "old bats" who hang from the rafters here in my building. (I know! I used to be on "the board" here)  As for selling...because 1/4th of my condo is still "bank owned", we have to deal with their "renters" coming and going, who wreck things for us owners. By "law", we can't "discriminate" between owners and renters with different rules, even though WE have a vested interest with MORTGAGES!  (thus the ever changing rules to deal with the problems associated with renters who don't care)  2 renters with loud Harleys started this latest complaint, not my motorcycle parked behind my car... I was told when I confronted a board member about it.   Most owners end up just renting out their units instead of selling, or "TRY" contract for deed. (but you know how that usually ends up!)  I've NEVER backed out of a deal before, and feel very embarrassed about the change of plan, and disappointing Ian.  (I of course will refund any/all "earnest money + a bit extra when/if I receive it from him for the trouble)  Had I'd known all this a month ago...and I sure wouldn't have been freezing my butt off trying to get crap moved this weekend in 15below zero weather either.  Well, I could look forward to a punch in the nose from Ian in Portland anyways.  That would be something new there I bet!  Guess now I need to shop around for a decent propane space heater, and some shop lights, etc...What can you do but ADAPT I guess???  Bright side...I can ride my Servi to/from the storage/workshop from home since it's only 5 miles away. LOL
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:36:50 PM by carryall »

Gramps

• View Profile
    • US Scooter Museum
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2016, 08:26:18 AM »
It is my 56 M.
usscooters@cox.net
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right,
There's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »
It is my 56 M.
usscooters@cox.net

Asking price?
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 03:28:47 AM »
I see the "Servicycle replica" on E-Bay is sitting at only $535 as of this morning with the sale ending today.  It sounds nice in the video with the B&S engine. Pick-up in FL is the only down side at the price IMO, and if those are Coker tires, it's worth more than that "in parts", don't ya think?     

Ian

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »

hello I could have an interest in that one but have no way of knowing how to get a hold of the folks is there a link or a phone number or anything you could supply I would appreciate it thank you regards

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »

hello I could have an interest in that one but have no way of knowing how to get a hold of the folks is there a link or a phone number or anything you could supply I would appreciate it thank you regards

Ian ,

Looks like you could contact Gramps via email :

" It is my 56 M.
usscooters@cox.net "