Author Topic: Need air cleaner, front wheel bearing cones or all hub parts and decals  (Read 5919 times)

Scooter4

• View Profile
Good evening,
I have a K model that I need an air cleaner, front wheel bearing cones or all hub parts and decals for.
I think this bike should have the air cleaner that is mounted to the side of the frame not the carb, but I do not know for sure.
Please let me know what you have to offer.
Thanks,
Scooter

pd

• View Profile
Re: Need air cleaner, front wheel bearing cones or all hub parts and decals
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »
Welcome Scooter . :)

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:59:38 PM »
Good evening,
thank you for the greeting! 
I also forgot to mention I need an exhaust manifold.  I have a home cast one, but it would need a lot of work to use.
Thanks,
Scooter

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
Hi Scooter4. 

The Model K was the first year to use the cast aluminum air cleaner.  As for the other parts, including the exhaust manifold, call Wayne Mahaffey.  He will have all those parts for you. 

Post some pictures of your bike!
Rick

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 03:50:34 PM »
Good evening,
I am sorry, but the bike is spread out apart in three locations for now.
Regarding the air cleaner.  My engine has an MS carb and it looks like the parts book shows the older style air cleaner for that.  Were you just mentioning the aluminum air cleaner just for reference, or did the K model never use the older style.  To use the aluminum air cleaner on this carb, it would mount up and down instead of sideways. I would like to get mine right, no point in buying incorrect parts.
I do not have Waynes number anymore. I contacted him a few years ago to buy magneto parts for this engine.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »
According to some resources I have, the K had the aluminum air cleaner mounted in the vertical position.  This was the last time the MS carb was used, as midway through the year the Model L was introduced, which used the MT carb, and had the air cleaner mounted horizontally.

Wayne's contact info is in the suppliers section.  

Where are you located?  Get that bike done and come to Portland this summer!
Rick

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 07:26:21 AM »
Good morning,
Thank you for the information about the air cleaner.  I am located in Oklahoma. I have had the parts of the bike for at least 10 years.  I bought most of it from a man at either Chickasha or Wichita swap meet. I ran across the bill of sale a while back, but do not recall the name on it.
I know I will not fully restore it in the next few years, but would like to assemble it finally this year. I will contact Wayne for the rest of the stuff.  I have not seen what I need on ebay.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 06:04:20 PM »
Good evening,
does anyone know the best time to contact Wayne Mahaffey? I have tried at various times for several days with no luck.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 06:23:28 PM »
Good evening,
does anyone know the best time to contact Wayne Mahaffey? I have tried at various times for several days with no luck.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

He is an early riser, he says to call at 7 am.  He might be away on vacation for a couple of days.  If you leave a message, he is very good about getting back to you.
Rick

rldebuse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »
The Model K Servi Gram posted under Manuals shows the Improvements made in the Model K.  No 3 is the Kwik-Clean air cleaner.

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:19:57 PM »
Good evening,
thanks for mentioning that.  I looked at it and I can see the air cleaner pointed down. I also see the decompressor and mine has that.  I was concerned it may be the wrong cylinder because I have seen other literature regarding changes through model years and the decompressor was shown later.

I am wondering if folks are receiving notifications of replies?  I clicked the button, but am not receiving them.  I just check in during the evening.  I also did not receive an approval e-mail when registering.  I registered the same information a few days later and it said that user name was taken so I tried it and was able to get in.
I have not found notification e-mails in the junk folder or blocked.
Thanks,
Scooter

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 07:12:34 PM »

I am wondering if folks are receiving notifications of replies?  I clicked the button, but am not receiving them.  I just check in during the evening.  I also did not receive an approval e-mail when registering.  I registered the same information a few days later and it said that user name was taken so I tried it and was able to get in.
I have not found notification e-mails in the junk folder or blocked.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter,  I just looked at your profile settings, and you did not have the notifications box checked.  I did it for you.  Let me know if you get notifications now.

As for registering, if you read the registration agreement and sent the email back as instructed, you would have gotten an acknowledgement of registration.  I checked my email, and never got one from you.

Rick

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 04:39:06 PM »
Good evening,
I did not receive a reply yet.
Regarding the registration e-mail, I did not receive those when trying to register.  I am wondering if my e-mail administrator settings are blocking this site.
I do get them from a different site I am a member of.  I will contact my internet provider to see it they are able to fix it. 
Thanks,
Scooter

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »
I sent you an email, let me know if you get it.   I just want to make sure you typed the address in correctly when registering.
Rick

Scooter4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:31 PM »
Good evening,
I replied to it Saturday, did you get mine?    I finally got a call back from Wayne he has what I need.
Thanks,
Scooter