Author Topic: Bolt in replacement wheels?  (Read 19887 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bolt in replacement wheels?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 07:07:25 PM »
Really just interested in the real McCoy so let me know if you want to strike up a deal.  Be fun to do some machine work.

Eitek1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2016, 08:54:33 AM »
Thanks for the offer but, I think I'm going to hang on to the air cleaner. The simplex I bought is really in good shape and although it has some mix and match parts it's really pretty complete. I think I'm going to try and go back as original as I can.  That other frame that I have needs everything so I might try 3d printing some of the parts out. They can be printed in carbon fiber so they'll be strong enough and with a coat of paint will probably pass muster.

Eitek1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
I'm ashamed it took this long but I seem to have zero spare time to do these things. I don't see how you guys do it.

Anyway... Here is a picture of a Worksman wheel with a simplex axle in it. Also, it's got sealed bearings that fit.  The only thing I have left to do it drill out the hole in the drum brake assy to accept the larger axle and get a few 7/16-26 BSC jam nuts to hold it all together. Effectively, it's a "bolt in" replacement wheel. I've got the rear axle as well and I need to do the rear wheel. I need to make sure everything "centers" when mounted but it looks OK with my eyeball.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »
PRIORITIES.  You just need to explain to your boss that this work "thing" is cutting into your "personal time" at home.  I'm sure he'll understand.