Author Topic: Foxgrip!  (Read 6850 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Foxgrip!
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »
Looks like Foxgrip has come back to life!  They are selling footpads for Simplexes

http://www.ebay.com/sch/foxgrips1/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2654

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Foxgrip!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »
Looks like Foxgrip has come back to life!  They are selling footpads for Simplexes

http://www.ebay.com/sch/foxgrips1/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2654

I wonder if someone bought the company and/or the molds. I was told the family had no interest in doing it.  I wonder if they are going to make the Simplex grips?

Tom, working on anything for Portland?
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »
Hoping to have another one running plus need to finalize the kicker on the S2.  I have to go with a stronger plate  that the kicker shaft is welded to.  I did go on your advice and found a bigger trailer!!  Plus really want to get a nice tent this year!!  Rough one last year.  Travis healed up but ended up going to ER because of infection.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »
Foxgrip just registered as a member, so I expect we will get an update from them shortly.
Rick

foxgrips

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »
Hi everyone!
I am Mike I bought Foxgrips molds and decals business. I have Brake pads, Grips, Decals, Footboard mats etc.
My email is foxgrips@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »
Hi everyone!
I am Mike I bought Foxgrips molds and decals business. I have Brake pads, Grips, Decals, Footboard mats etc.
My email is foxgrips@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Mike

Have you made any to the grips for the automatic yet?  Please post some pictures of what you currently have available for us Simplex guys.

Thanks
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 06:47:04 PM »
Definitely post pics of your products .

Like the old saying : they are worth a thousand words , each . ;)

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »
Mike,  have you started a website to sell your products on?
Rick

foxgrips

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 07:02:38 AM »
I will be doing a website in the near future. I am doing several special orders so I am doing all this as time permits. I was asked by a member here to post on the forum. I will update you with the information when it is done. If you have a special request I can be contacted @ foxgrips@yahoo.com (email). Thanks Mike

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 07:16:38 PM »
This is great news! After a long period of no activity, the family finally decided to put the business up for sale. I remember seeing an ad or two for it and thinking "wow, that is a cool opportunity!" I'm really glad to hear that there was someone that decided to go for it and that there are plans to take Fox Grip into the 21st century with offerings on eBay and with an eventual website. All good things, I'd say!

Like others here and elsewhere, I dealt with Fox Grip back when George himself was still around. They were the source for reproductions of the white torpedo grip (I'm not sure how to describe it) used on the Doodle Bug scooter. In fact, the last time I saw them, George suggested stocking up and hinted that he probably wouldn't be at it much longer, so I bought several sets of grips and stashed them away for a rainy day. Hopefully that particular mold was included in what you purchased and you'll continue to make it available.

Mike, I don't know what your advertising and marketing budget is or if you've got any interest in running ads, but I wanted to point out that there has been discussion of Fox Grip on the Antique Motorcycle Club of America site (along the lines of "what ever happened to...") among other places. It might be worth the investment to run an ad in their magazine announcing that Fox Grip is back under new ownership. For that matter, I'd run one in the Vintage Motorbike Club magazine, too. As far as I'm concerned, this is major news for the hobby, so perhaps those organizations will pick it up as a news item and write about it in the publications at no cost to you.

Congratulations on your purchase and all the best as you get the business re-established.

foxgrips

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 05:58:03 AM »
Thank you! I will continue the Doodlebug Grips and decals. I am just let the word get out (no advertising) because I am very busy filling orders and stocking up. Thanks again Mike

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »
Just a quick note to say that I purchased a couple items (decals) from Fox Grips recently:

-Fair prices
-Received my order quickly
-High quality items / exactly what I expected - no surprises

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »
 I also bought some tank decals from them and was very pleased ,only took a few day to reach the uk. takes longer sometimes from local  ebayers.