Author Topic: Simplex Historical Documents?  (Read 4656 times)

tprice

• View Profile
    • Email
Simplex Historical Documents?
« on: May 12, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »
I guess some people may call them titles. Are any available? What do you do if you don't get a title with your bike?

pd

• View Profile
Re: Simplex Historical Documents?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
TP ,

Hopefully you have a bill of sale for your bike . Generally , that's what is needed to start the application process for getting a title .
I'm not sure what the requirements are in Texas . Maybe Reese will stop in . I think he went through that , but ???

There's always the Vermont path . Here's a thread on the VMBC site that should explain it :

http://vintagemotorbikeclub.org/forums/topic/looking-for-a-title/

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

tprice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »
PD, thanks for the info on the Vermont titling. I also have a 66 TT tramp. I am going to try it on both. ill have to read deeper on Vermont but my bike is an early bike with no numbers in the neck. Ill report back once I make it happen. Thanks TP

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »
In Oklahoma we have what is called the Title 42 process. It works really well and is pretty simple to get a regular Oklahoma title for a vehicle. Here's a link: https://www.ok.gov/tax/documents/752.pdf

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
I'm the person that went through the Vermont process and posted that information on the VMBC site. I would recommend it. As I mentioned in the other post, you just need to follow the instructions carefully and be honest.

Most states have some kind of procedure for getting a title. In some states it is a bonded tile program (Texas is) and some states it's more like Oklahoma's Title 42 process. The process for each state can vary from simple to virtually impossible. Vermont is probably the easiest state to work with to get yourself legal.

You may or may not be able to get a title in YOUR state after doing the initial work in Vermont. That is up to YOUR state and has nothing to do with Vermont. At the very least using the Vermont system you will end up with a registration and can then run a license plate, do insurance and ride legally.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:42:19 AM by Doodle Bugger »

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 06:30:59 AM »
In Illinois it's a bit of a hassle, but doable if your patient.  It took me 8 months to get my new title.
Mike Sal

butch27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
Do I just copy those papers and mail them in to Vermont?

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
Do I just copy those papers and mail them in to Vermont?

I think that's what I would do . Copy ; fill in the blanks and a check . I'd probably call Vermont before I sent anything out just be sure . But , that might also complicate things .

Maybe Doodle Bugger will stop in and verify .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 06:16:28 AM »
Yep, that's what I did...filled out their forms, printed them off, and then mailed them along with my payment. I did not call them first, but I guess that I could have. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you fill in the forms correctly, don't lie, and mail the appropriate payment amount.