Author Topic: GC 160 builds.  (Read 3000 times)

tprice

• View Profile
    • Email
GC 160 builds.
« on: May 17, 2016, 07:10:01 AM »
Could I get a list of people who have used the GC 160 Honda motor. I would like to talk with you on your problems if any. I would like pictures also if you have any, especially on the converter side. RickS shot me a few pictures on a PM. Looks like some are using a differential cover from a car as a flywheel cover. Thanks All

tprice

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GC 160 builds.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:26:39 PM »
Any informTion on how to remove governer on GC 160 Honda? Is it discussed on board? Thanks

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »
Well I would chime in on this but you got all my information already. You've read both topics on my bike "56 with a Honda gc190" and chapter two "first roll out" and you have seen it in person. So if I think up anything crazier to do I will give you a call. I still have not laid my hands on those filters yet. I've been still trying to dry out from the rain on Thursday. I'm back at work and it looks like a war zone here.  :'(

tprice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 06:49:14 PM »
Yea,i agree.irained out two half days and one full day in northeast ,Texas. I drove home to the same conditions. I cut out all my metal for exhaust and carb flanges from 3/16 metal preparing to fab exhaust and intake manifold. I have too order clutch assembly so i can make motor plate.and.begin the process.i appreciate you meeting me and showing me your bike.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 05:00:27 AM »
Yea I need to either build a new transmission bracket of harden the one I made. It seems to be in need of a stronger metal than what I used. Maybe one day you will be making the Portland run with us.

tprice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
I thought all this time "Portland" was Portland, Oregon not Indiana. Doesn't mean I can go but sure would like too. Ya'll take lots of pix.