Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 14, 2017, 12:08:14 PM

News:

HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING REGISTERED?   READ THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE REGISTRATION AGREEMENT!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Simplex 45-47 H Motor Build  (Read 10248 times)
pd

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2016, 07:14:26 PM »

OK . Pull , in the opposite direction . Something had to be opposite .

Pete . Smiley

Goes around , Comes around . Smiley
RickS
Administrator

1953 Automatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 05:49:43 AM »

Ok Dave, where's the video?  LOL

Rick
cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »

Rick,
Some of us have to work, you know! Undecided
Here is the video. One thing I didn't say last night is that it has to do with the type of carb you have. Of course Wayne told me the manufacture's names but I don't remember... My card has 4 screws on the top. That type works as you see in the video. The ones with 3 screws on top work like modern carbs. you pull against the spring to give it gas.

No matter where you go, there you are
RickS
Administrator

1953 Automatic

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 01:49:26 PM »

Rick,
Some of us have to work, you know! Undecided
Here is the video. One thing I didn't say last night is that it has to do with the type of carb you have. Of course Wayne told me the manufacture's names but I don't remember... My card has 4 screws on the top. That type works as you see in the video. The ones with 3 screws on top work like modern carbs. you pull against the spring to give it gas.

Work, who works?   In Obama's economy, don't we all just get a handout?    LOL

I hear you on the work Dave, been working 6 days a week for close to 3 years.  I'm nearing the end of my career, around 3 years, 7 months and 6 days, but who's counting!

BTW Dave, you are the first and only guy on here to ever post a video, pretty impressive.  You wouldn't believe how many guys can't even figure out how to post a picture.

Rick
kartjockey
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »

My 48 has a MS93E carb.  Float bowl is towards the left whereas an MT is to the right .  To operate as Wayne suggests it will have a tube below and inline vertically with throttle shaft about two inches long with a torsion type spring that attaches to bottom of throttle shaft.
RickS
Administrator

1953 Automatic

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »

My 48 has a MS93E carb.  Float bowl is towards the left whereas an MT is to the right .  To operate as Wayne suggests it will have a tube below and inline vertically with throttle shaft about two inches long with a torsion type spring that attaches to bottom of throttle shaft.

Tom, do you have a picture of that?

Rick
cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »

Work, who works?   In Obama's economy, don't we all just get a handout?    LOL

I hear you on the work Dave, been working 6 days a week for close to 3 years.  I'm nearing the end of my career, around 3 years, 7 months and 6 days, but who's counting!

BTW Dave, you are the first and only guy on here to ever post a video, pretty impressive.  You wouldn't believe how many guys can't even figure out how to post a picture.
[/quote]

As far as the handout thing... It all depends on how you'r raised.
I'm close to the end of mine but not, not counting yet.  Smiley

As far as posting the video. I am a admin/support  for a CAD/PDM system. Started my career as a mechanical designer back on the drafting board. Now I have to support designers that only want to know who to run the CAD system. Ask them to save a file to their desktop and they look at you like you have three eyes. I don't know it all seems logical to me. I guess I'm just wired that way.

kartjockey
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2016, 07:15:44 PM »

My back-up carb.  The throttle does stay open per the spring tube at bottom.  Keeps throttle open and works really well.     
cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2016, 07:30:21 PM »

That one looks like the same carb that I have.
Dave C

cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »

Hi All,

It's been a while. Had a wedding in the Great White North last weekend. Then I had realized that I forgot to put the spacer in the tranny pulleys before I put it back together. Had to destroy the one of bearings to take it back apart. Waiting on replacement. Also... after learning about how the throttle worked I realized that my pressure relief and the throttle cables were short. Had to order longer ones...
This weekend is the Holiday so not much got done but I did enjoy the weather and friends/family.  Smiley

Now I need the forum's help again.
The Mystery Part  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
I can't believe that I don't have a picture of where this part goes. I have about 200 of the bike before disassembling.  Undecided
I think Huh it has something to do with cable retention but I can not figure out where it goes.
Any thoughts?

cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2016, 04:38:06 PM »

Hey,
I know I've been slacking. Funny how life gets in the way of your hobbies.
BTW still looking for any thoughts on my mystery part.

Anyway...
I've made some progress.
I have the tranny pulleys put together properly. I done quite a bit of assembly. Take a look.

pd

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »

Looks to be coming along nicely .

Wish I could help with your mystical bracket , but , I got nothin' . Sad

Pete . Smiley

cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2016, 05:28:16 PM »

Hey All,
Got some more done on the bike this weekend.

pd

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »

Dave ,

You just better slow done . Next thing ya know , you'll be telling us the project is all done . Wink

Pete . Smiley

cocina_47

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »

Pete,

I'm already thinking about what I want to do next. Maybe I'll find something in Portland next year.

Dave

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to: