Author Topic: Ol Krusty  (Read 4049 times)

rickyd

• View Profile
    • Email
Ol Krusty
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:21:49 AM »
Moved this here and have some questions. Please feel free to comment I've developed thick skin from the bicycle hobby. This will not be a restoration as much as a Rustoration and I have been known to bail on things like this pretty often. .jpg[/IMG][/URL]As found. Motor as found.Had some old ww tires to get it rolling on, bathed it in wd40, cleaned motor a little then mocked it in for photos. I think it is probably 45-47 kickstand is on left rear. Motor no 1723. Where does bracket that holds choke and throttle cable mount? What is in breather it is not accessible that I can tell. No frame numbers I can find. Is this a single speed unit? Motor is back in box and I'm going to see an old machinist friend who will mic things for me. Anyone know of speed record for this type unit? Thanks Rick
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:24:11 AM by rickyd »

rickyd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ol Krusty
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:31:44 AM »
PS which books should I buy? Is the one that supports site still available? Thanks

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
Thanks for the additional photos Rick. I'm afraid I'm no help on your questions, but I gotta tell ya, that's one great seat pan!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:14:47 PM by Dominic DiMarko »

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
Really nice find Rick. I'm also a bicycle guy... pedal & motorized as well, but over the last couple of years the little Servi-cycles have occupied quite a bit of my time and $$. I would love to watch as you restore this one to original condition. No matter the condition it will require time and some expenditures on your part but everyone on this forum has had to make the original decision you face & I'd say all who completed the tasks at hand are better for it, even those of us who mainly just watch enjoy the posts & the bikes!

Lot of good folks here that are willing to assist and have great knowledge to share about all things Simplex. Best fortune in all you do.  Rick C. 

Cocina_47

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 05:39:42 PM »
Hey Rick,

She's a beauty! Looks like you got some part to chase.
What is the number on the motor?
No matter where you go, there you are

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:45:34 PM »
Hey Rick,

She's a beauty! Looks like you got some part to chase.
What is the number on the motor?

MOTOR # H1723

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 06:47:26 PM »
For anyone interested , here's the original thread to this build :

http://www.simplexservi-cycle.com/index.php?topic=1502.0;topicseen

rickyd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 07:16:48 AM »
H1723 motor number

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
Rick, For books and info look in our manuals and literature section here on the site. Glad this is all coming together. Bob

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 07:10:42 AM »
Well guys, went to see Rick, about 3 1/2 hour drive from me. Real nice guy. Has some really cool and rare bicycles. Checked out Ol' Krusty, real complete and great place to start a project. Got ready to head back home and Ol' Krusty jumped in the back of my truck. It wanted to come back to Oklahoma so I let it ride. This was so complete I just had to have it. Any ideas about the seat. It is a larger and deeper saddle with a double bend spring. I saw in the tank and seat guide the double bent spring was '48, but the rest of the bike appears to be much older. Also the handle bars appear to be a little wider and longer than some of the others. Could this have been a special build for a company or military. Bob

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 08:55:18 AM »
Now you have something to keep you busy during those ice storms this winter . ;)

I hope you keep us up on the restoration / build .

Sorry , I can't be helpful as to your questions .