Author Topic: New Crash Bars  (Read 1476 times)

Eitek1

• View Profile
    • Email
New Crash Bars
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »
I purchased a simplex a few months ago. The crash bars were "gently used" and are bent. I don't want to restore a bike with a bent frame component.
It's not looking like they can be bent back into shape sufficiently to look unbent.

I could probably go through the trouble of finding the tubing and a sufficient bender to bend some more. Before I do that, does anyone sell something like that? I'd rather just cut the bent one off and weld on a new one.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Crash Bars
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »
I purchased a simplex a few months ago. The crash bars were "gently used" and are bent. I don't want to restore a bike with a bent frame component.
It's not looking like they can be bent back into shape sufficiently to look unbent.

I could probably go through the trouble of finding the tubing and a sufficient bender to bend some more. Before I do that, does anyone sell something like that? I'd rather just cut the bent one off and weld on a new one.

I think Wayne used to offer them, not sure if he still does.  Go to a racecar fab shop, they should be able to do this.
Rick

Eitek1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Crash Bars
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 02:02:05 PM »

I used to bend conduit and tubing and know my way around a bender. I know a guy that has a bender but thought it might easier to buy them. I need to get my hands dirty so I'll just order the tubing and see about bending some.