Author Topic: tyres  (Read 6116 times)

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
tyres
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:25:48 PM »
   Has any one had any experience with 26x250 tyres from Nola Tyres.I know they have not got Simplex on them   but the price is so much lower than those with Simplex on. thanks  eric

ndian22

• View Profile
Re: tyres
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:21:07 AM »
Go to "Simplex with non-original engines" category & select my thread "Simplex 5 speed build" page 17 and the long post about 2/3rds. down the page for by "test" of the Nola tires....I'm still running NOLA Vee tires on two bikes & they are still my choice. Only draw back is it isn't a vintage tread...which I wish they offered, but price performance is quite good and I ride every  day, weather permitting and will eventually replace, when necessary with NOLA's.  Rick C.

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:58:01 AM »
 I agree about the tread ,but over here in the uk who is going to know,ive never seen another one.and as you say the price is right. I can get 2 tyres and tubes plus post  plus import duty for a fraction of what one Simplex one would be.   eric

Eitek1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:51:10 AM »
I live local to Nola tire and have stopped in on occasion and spoken with the owner.

That tire was originally designed to run on a simplex. It just so happens to also fit on the local Pedicabs in New Orleans. He knew the tire sizes were the same and he knew he would have a local market to support his efforts so he made the tire.

So based on what the owner at Nola Tires said, it's a modern tire made for the simplex. The pedicabs running it are getting 500% more life out of it than any other tire they have tried. I think you'll be happy.

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:16:23 PM »
 Thank you very much for that    Eric

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 02:54:54 AM »
   Good inside info!!!  When my current tires are ready for replacement, I may have to get a set of those as replacements with a verified track record like that! Maybe by that time they will be available with ribbed tread and white walls.  LOL
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:45:47 PM by carryall »