Author Topic: New 1955 Simplex Auto  (Read 21166 times)

pd

• View Profile
Re: New 1955 Simplex Auto
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »
Now , if it will just get him up that hill . :D

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

cotton

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2017, 07:21:13 PM »
Nice job, Rick!  It looks real good.  Did you chrome the clutch or is it just polished?
Also, do you just run a short pipe from the bottom of your muffler, and if so, what is the sound difference?
That's a nice bike to add to your collection.
Dwayne

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2017, 04:49:28 AM »
The maroon color should be well received. Not many that color.   I like it a lot.  Nice job.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2017, 05:56:38 AM »
The clutch is just semi polished. It still has some of it's age scars in it.

The maroon is the original color of the bike.  Some of the original paint was left under the tail light cover.
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2017, 07:19:21 AM »
That looks really nice Rick! The pinstripe on the tank will complete the look nicely.  Last time I had the tank off, I had used that thick 3M 2 sided tape where it made contact with the frame rails and it seemed to have worked well preventing rubbing/scratching where it made contact. 

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »
That looks really nice Rick! The pinstripe on the tank will complete the look nicely.  Last time I had the tank off, I had used that thick 3M 2 sided tape where it made contact with the frame rails and it seemed to have worked well preventing rubbing/scratching where it made contact. 

Thanks Paul! 

It is easy to see that Simplex was building very economical motorbikes.  There are many places where simple improvements could have been made, but would have cost money in parts and labor.  These bikes were definitely built to the lowest cost possible.
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2017, 09:50:46 AM »
That's kind of the enduring quality about them.  Just a "basic, bare-bones" motorbike.  Although I wish mine still had an original engine, I'm still kind of keeping with the "legacy" by using a really cheap clone engine for power.  Maybe Mr. Treen wouldn't be too upset with it?  LOL