Author Topic: Treen in Texas  (Read 2385 times)

btreen

• View Profile
    • Email
Treen in Texas
« on: December 31, 2016, 07:45:32 AM »
Hi folks,
So glad this site is up and running again. I'm Paul Treen's grandson (John's son), grew up in New Orleans, and remember going to "the Plant" as we called it. I'm a dermatologist in the DFW area of Texas. I have a small collection of Simplex m'bikes, including a 3-wheel truck. Unfortunately, my children don't share my passion, so I'll at least be downsizing my collection.
I used to play pool a lot with my grandfather. Late in his life when I was a resident in internal medicine at Ochsner, I would pick him up so we could play at the Round Table Club on St Charles Ave. I have his "Willie Hoppe" cue he used there; it's a more personal memento (and takes up far less space!).
Regards,
Ben Treen

pd

• View Profile
Re: Treen in Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
Welcome btreen . :)

Post some pics of your bikes .
I use to shoot pool and then , somehow , I got older and vision changes caused me to loose interest . Fun while it lasted .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »
Welcome back Ben! We haven't gone anywhere, beeen up and running for almost 6 years now!

Your other account is still active under "Ben Treen".  If you don't know the password, I can reset it for you.

Rick

Rick

btreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »
Yes please reset the password. I thought the site went dormant, maybe I just couldn't log-in. I'll post pix soon, probably put them in the classifieds, too.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 01:09:39 PM »
Yes please reset the password. I thought the site went dormant, maybe I just couldn't log-in. I'll post pix soon, probably put them in the classifieds, too.

Ben, I am sending you a temporary password to your email.

Rick
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 03:22:47 PM »
Welcome and I too would love to see some picks of your bikes. Must of been a blast hanging around the factory watching these bikes being put together.  Here's a big Howdy from a fellow Texacan.  8)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
Gee, why am I envisioning sharks circling when you mentioned "downsizing" and classifieds?  LOL