Author Topic: different seats  (Read 4602 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
different seats
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:46:04 AM »
Working with the leather artist at Heathers Leathers and wondering if any of you with ServiCycles have ever done anything but the "run of the mill" looking seat? 

ndian22

• View Profile
Re: different seats
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »
Just installed yesterday on my Copper Gator Simplex stretch. Major tooling and time on this one. You'll note that I dyed the tan lacing that was not to my liking. Rick C.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
  I agree, the dark saddle stitched edge looks much better, IMO also.  Thanks 

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:24:55 AM »
Color and dark stitching looks great .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »
I am a fan of the stock seat, I find them very comfy.

That said, Rick C's seats are really cool looking!
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »
Installed the new seat.  That's a saddle huh?  Pictures don't do its sunburst colorization justice.  Not sure I'm going to make a rail for it or not.  Came out really nice with the green piping and conchos that match the bags I think.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 03:11:40 PM by carryall »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
Looking good! I just sent them a seat yesterday, they do really nice work.
Rick

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:44:59 AM »
Paul your saddle turned out great. I really like the solid skirt better than a fringe. With or without hand rail it fiinishes your Simplex well. Rick C.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »
I forgot how big the seats are.  I'm going to darken it a bit but, I will wait until whatever they used for dye has time to set-up and dry.  The padding is a bit thicker and more comfortable for sure!  I may do a black rail for it but don't want to put a hole thru the skirt so, I may design one that comes up from the rear of seat and wraps around.  Not sure if it would be chrome, nickel or possibly even black?  I do like the way the skirt fills in the gap below the seat and some what "hides" the seat spring.  Exactly what I envisioned.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 07:57:23 AM »
It was a really nice day so, I rode the Servi up to the store in town to pick up some groceries for supper (notice the full saddle bag(s) and figured I'd take a pic in the park to show the seat I raised up and, how the color has now darkened a bit since new.  You can also see where I welded up the holes in the exhaust and re-painted it.  Wont have many more days of riding bike here in northern MN so, riding them as much as possible before storage and a little maintenance/modifications over the long winter.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »
Lookin' good , Paul .

Is that a rail car storage track in the background ?
We have them here , just North of Streator . Cars been sitting there for years . Miles of them .

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 08:22:31 AM »
That's such a good looking bike Paul & the ageing leather always looks better to me.
Since I ride everyday down here in Indian Territory (not on ice & snow days , which are extremely rare) I feel bad for you guys in the snow belt. Here's wishing you a mild Fall with many days of riding prior to the harsh onset of Winter. Rick C.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
No, that's the main RR line that runs north/south from the huge taconite mines up in far northern Minnesota.  Some of the taconite also gets loaded up in Duluth, MN on cargo tankers in lake Superior for steel mills all over the world.  Our fall colors are spectacular right now but soon the snow will fly and temps will plummet as usual.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »
You probably have the wood pile stacked high already .

I'm doing some final 'packing' before we get back on the road Saturday morning .
The weather has been nice and I'll ride this afternoon . Sunday seems to be the turning point , toward lower , wetter , temps . Hopefully , we can stay just ahead of the cold and wet .

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
Chuck and Joann Leipham  in Florida.   They are called The Saddle Shop.  Thinking this is the place that has an embossing that matches the fuel tank decal which will differ from Heather's leathers.  I thought I had a pic or a link to some of their work.  May have been on Facebook.  May need to just call them with questions.

saddlerestoration.com