Author Topic: simplex on tv  (Read 1744 times)

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
simplex on tv
« on: February 22, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
 Hi  Every one I have just been watching one of your motor programs called overhauling they were doing a ford bronco for a firefighter, and surprise surprise in the back ground on a number of shots there was a Simplex leaning against the wall.its the first one apart from mine that I have seen other than the ones on here. Its taken a long time but I now have a certificate from the customs and excise to say I have not got to pay any import duty on mine as it has been in the uk for so many years. That means I can now start to do it up and get it on the road.just ready for the summer.thats if we have any summer.will post pictures when its done.   eric

pd

• View Profile
Re: simplex on tv
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:53:06 PM »
Excellent . Definitely keep us posted .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:14:07 PM »
Hello Eric and Welcome . That bike was in many shots of the Overhaulin series . I always hoped Chip Foose would mention it . For your bike to be in the UK , I wonder was it left back by the US military ? Our armed forces did use them for bit. Enjoy your project.

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 01:42:29 AM »
 Yes it was a military bike  still yellow with numbers on,     posted pictures last june when I first bought it.   

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »
Eric,   How is your rebuild going?

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 03:08:25 AM »
 Hi  I have not started on it yet ,hope to soon. have been waiting for the customs to say I had not got to pay import duty on it.took till now. those people don't hurry themselves.just had another disappointment bought 2 tyres from Nola tyres had to pay a fortune for the post,now find they are not legal in the UK tread has got to be a minimum of 3mm 3/4 of the way across. looks now as if I shall be buying a pair of  mountain bike tyres to get the deep tread.   eric

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 04:34:05 AM »
The travesty of government bureaucracy meddling in the minutia of even the least significant details in our lives is truly a worldwide disgrace. Rick C.

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 04:51:42 AM »
I know what you mean, but trouble is we put the idiots there in the first place,it looks as if you have got a bigger one out there now.then to add insult to it we have to pay there wages. When my dad was alive he used to say he would put them all on a small boat push it out to sea and sink it.trouble is some of the rats would still escape.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 05:49:26 AM »
I know what you mean, but trouble is we put the idiots there in the first place,it looks as if you have got a bigger one out there now.then to add insult to it we have to pay there wages. When my dad was alive he used to say he would put them all on a small boat push it out to sea and sink it.trouble is some of the rats would still escape.

We just got rid of the idiot, imo.  Hopefully we can now right the ship!  I have the same hope for you leaving the union.
Rick