Author Topic: servi cycle for sale ***SOLD***  (Read 8163 times)

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: servi cycle for sale
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »
I'm almost ready to hit the start button on ebay. But, I really feel bad about taking it apart. It been in my family for 77 years. Does anyone want to make me an offer?

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 12:45:48 PM »
I sent the guy, who sold the $475 seat, tanks and other things on ebay, an email asking if he would be interested in my bike. He sent me a nice reply saying he was not a collector and just was selling his uncles servi cycle collection. Said his uncle loved servi cycles but is not buying anymore.

My bike is still for sale here and hoping for offers.

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »
I've added more pics showing how rust free the bike is. I wiped down a few spokes on the front and back wheels using just a paper towel and windex...they cleaned up nicely. Other pics show other rust free areas and a few very light, surface, rust spots. Hope these pics stir up some interest.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:32:14 PM by henrylr »

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
Here are the last pics, also showing tank mounting. I also show the wiring someone asked about. One wire is for the rear light and the other two go to the headlight. A manual should show were the magneto wire connects.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:39:20 PM by henrylr »

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »
My ad has had 18 replies and 561 views and not a single offer. I would love to, at least, get replies telling me what is wrong with the bike. Maybe there are some simple things I can do to make it more desirable. I'm totally confident it is all original except for the belts. As I mentioned, the missing parts are the muffler, air filter, front fender brace and the two piston pin retaining rings. I won't search for, or buy, those parts to make the bike more complete. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
Henry, put it on eBay. This site is used by a vey small amount of people interested in a Servi-cycles.  The prices on eBay lately have been sky high, maybe you will get lucky with one of those buyers. 
Rick

47 simplex?

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
Henry,

Ebay can be beneficial but I would suggest that if you go that direction you try to sell the bike complete. Parting bikes out seldom work as optimistically as what you would think by seeing some of the prices people get for some items. Since I bought a  45 simplex minus motor several months ago I have checked Ebay several times a day for months. What I have found since that is that select parts sell and others don't. Good gas tanks, seats, motors, rims, good fenders and some accessories sell well but you can't even give frames and forks away. What happens then is you sell part of the bike and you end up with the other half you can't do anything with. I have over 600 transactions on Ebay buying and selling over the last 10 years. If you go the Ebay route do yourself a favor and hold out for the guy that wants a whole bike to restore.

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 06:19:25 PM »
Thanks I'm going to ebay. But several frames, some completely rusty, sold for over $400. i've never sold on ebay but they seem to have all kinds of charges even if your item doesn't sell. Forget it I'm stuck with ebay.

Thanks,
henry

47 simplex?

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 06:19:54 AM »
 Henry,

Ebay charges around 10% sellers fee and PayPal charges 2.7% to use their services, Good Luck.

Regards, Jeff

47 simplex?

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 06:30:05 AM »
Henry,

I wanted to tell you but forgot. Look into Craigslist. It's free and will reach a large audience in your surrounding area. I really think you will do better if the bike sells whole. Just an idea, Good Luck, Jeff

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 11:28:49 AM »
You can list it on both E-Bay and Craigs list at the same time.  The advantage of C.L. is you are dealing with locals so you don't have to mess with crating and shipping, thus more money and faster deal although you may deal with a few tire-kickers and such.  Benefit of E-Bay is a much larger audience.  The fees are minimal but as discussed, it is a hassle to ship.

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »
Henry.....if you keep telling people what another mans junk just sold for do you think that assures you at least that? It don't...may have been the only guy looking and desperate..if you're gonna do all that jibberish why not just list stuff at a buy it now price and see if you get it? Or offer it here at set prices..you don't know what you have, don't know what they're worth but keep fishing.  Isn't a gold mine.

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2017, 09:30:06 PM »
In one post I did list a price for the whole thing and got no responses. You must have missed that post. I think I know what I have for a few reasons. Its been in my family from new so I know its all original but didn't know the year.  Several members have been very helpful providing information and leading me to documents so now I know it is a 1940. The communications were very enjoyable. I made more posts, with more detailed photos and descriptions, in an attempt to get some interest and maybe an offer. It is now on craigslist.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 06:07:58 AM »
Post a link to the Craigslist ad , please .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 07:21:29 AM »
I've enjoyed, and learned from, this site and will continue to be a member. But don't see how a link to craigslist will help. I posted much more, info and photos of my bike on this site, than what I put on craigslist.

Henry