Author Topic: servi cycle for sale ***SOLD***  (Read 8009 times)

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
servi cycle for sale ***SOLD***
« on: March 17, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
Hi all,
Last week I decided to sell my 1940 or 41 servi cycle. There are many written descriptions and photos in posts listed below. I have no idea of value. I live in Newington, Ct. and would like to sell locally. Can someone tell me what its worth? And, please make offers.

Thanks,
henrylr

•Section-What Year is my Bike?
            •post title-1940s servi-cycle dating
•Section-Frame, Tank, Seat, Controls, Etc
            •post title-Photo of my original 1940s/41 seat with logo still legible
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:55:26 AM by RickS »

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: servi cycle for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
I've got about 26 new close-up pics that show no rust on almost everything. If anyone is interested please contact me. I also spent time on ebay and found that 8 parts sold, over the last few months, for a total of $1,115. One item was a seat, needing a leather cover and, with rust on nuts and bolts. my seat is in great condition. The only parts missing on my bike, are muffler, air filter, front fender mounting bracket and part no. 149 piston pin retaining rings. The attached, magneto backing plate, pic shows the edge of the broken plate broken with a piece that broke off. It fits well and it could probably be repaired with JBweld. I'm asking $2,250. Based on ebay it seems if I part it out I could make at least $3,000.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:56:09 PM by henrylr »

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
I've been checking more parts sold on ebay and it seems if I part it out I could get about $4,500. People are buying very rusted parts...a heavily rusted handlebar with no hand levers just sold for $125, a heavily rusted fender sold for $125. My photos show my bike is almost rust free. Before I part it out on ebay, does anyone want to buy specific parts?

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:07:00 PM »
Thank for asking.  We will be watching.  Do you have any other literature pertaining to Simplexes whatsoever besides the manual?

Rich

• 1946 simplex
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:08:42 PM »
can you tell me how to put pictures on this site
Rich

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 06:21:17 AM »
Thank for asking.  We will be watching.  Do you have any other literature pertaining to Simplexes whatsoever besides the manual?

The manual is all I have. I was planning to give it to whoever bought the whole bike.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:23:29 AM by henrylr »

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »
I'm asking $2,250. Based on ebay it seems if I part it out I could make at least $3,000.
Does anyone want to make an offer. I just learned shipping will cost about $600 and I really want to sell the bike.

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
My bike will be on ebay in a few days. If no ebay interest for whole bike I will be parting it out on ebay. A seat like mine has a high bid of $300+. A rusted frame sold for $455. Seems there is a market.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 05:46:07 PM »
Absolutely want it! Would love an early Servi.  Be sure to compare photos I posted.  Those are the ones I matched with yours Just have two other Simplexes to get running.  Surely appreciate your courtesy!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 04:57:51 AM »
I'm with Tom, I would love to have an early Servi, but I also have two other bikes under restoration at this time.
Rick

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 06:39:37 AM »
In my reply #8 I'am was a typo. I meant to write...Am I right that no one wants the bike?

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »
Absolutely want it! Be sure to compare photos I posted.
I don't quite understand your post. What does "Absolutely want it mean"? Do you want to buy it at some time? And, where are your photos and what should I compare them to?

Thanks,
henry
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:42:59 AM by henrylr »

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 01:09:38 PM »
Think I found the pics, in post EDarly G photos, you were referring to. Spittin image of my bike G1244 except for three things. Brake lever on front wheel hub is on left side, mine has three hand levers, front brake, pressure release valve and throttle and mine doesn't have a horn. The black paint, gold striping and tank painting are exactly how mine looked when I got it.

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »
If anyone is interested, I'm parting out on ebay. A seat like mine just sold for $475 without the coil spring or mounting bar. I'm braking it down to about 25 parts. The first parts will be on ebay tomorrow.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
I'm am shocked at what 2 bidders were willing to pay for an original seat!  I think that price is an aberration, and certainly not the norm.  The guy that sold that seat and the three tanks certainly got really good prices.  I guess my bike that is currently under restoration will be worth that much more!  LOL
Rick