Author Topic: 45 simplex servi cycle  (Read 2479 times)

Tomforney1

• View Profile
    • Email
45 simplex servi cycle
« on: April 30, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »
hello tom here: recently inherited a 1945 simplex with a homemade scooter title from 1957 in iowa in my grandfathers name it was my dads first vehicle he had bad lungs from childhood and this bike was credited for allowing him to survive as he had to push it to get it started helped build his lungs he eventually passed recently of lung failure at the age  of 75. I started this restore before he passed and he was very excited to see it done so now it is a heartfelt obligation to finnish it
   I am in need of engine parts mainly the intake valve will need to recondition the piston wrist pin and new rings it has an all iron head with 2 plugs

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 45 simplex servi cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:01:35 PM »
I would think you could get the rotary valve from Wayne.  If you can find the rings it takes to match the ring groove widths you could then use an oversize pin.  I had a few of these. Maybe still. Same size as a flathead Ford V-8 but you have to cut to length.  Makes for a pretty good revamp if cylinder is good and the piston measures out ok.     

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »
If you need something close to stock rings ,  You might consider giving the folks at Hastings a call .

They will need measurements of ring thickness and cylinder bore , at least . I highly recommend these folks and the rings are second to none .

https://www.hastingspistonrings.com/

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

butch27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »
Can you post some pics? I think mine is a '45 but the model H was mostly an army bike.