Author Topic: Vintage Motorbike Club  (Read 2502 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vintage Motorbike Club
« on: May 07, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »
Can one of the members tell me which was the latest issue of the magazine that you received? I haven't gotten one since the Fall 2016 issue, and for that I had to contact Darren.  Thanks!
Rick

pd

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Motorbike Club
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »
Rick ,

According to VMBC Facebook page , the Spring 2017 edition was mailed around April 12th .
One member posted on April 28th that he had rec'd. his copy  .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »
If the last issue you received was Fall 2016, then you are missing the two issues:

Winter 2017 and now Spring 2017.

Although I had no problem with the most recent two issues, I have had to repeatedly contact the secretary over the last couple years regarding magazine issues that never arrive. I seem to be at the end of the line and usually get the magazine much later (sometimes up to three or four weeks later) than most members but occasionally it never shows up. It Has also happend with my membership card. It's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere either...I live in a major city with a metropolitan area population of more than 7 million people! I've asked them to double check my information and they always tell me it matches what I've told them, so I don't know what is going on.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 04:50:45 AM »
DoodleBugger, the same always happens with me.  I almost never get a magazine without contacting Darren.  Kaitlyn verified my info, and still nothing.  I emailed Darren yesterday and he told me to call Kaitlyn, so I will this morning.

I also live in a populated area, we have about 23 million living in the NY metro area.
Rick

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »
I unexpectedly received my 20 year continuous membership plaque in the mail today along with a nice letter from the VMBC President, Darren. Seems to have made it through the mail with no issues. I knew that I had been a member for quite a while, but honestly kind of forgot that it has actually been that long and that the club did plaques to mark the occasion. I have had my 10 year plaque on the shelf with some of my other scooter stuff for a while, but didn't realize it had been there for 10 years!

Hopefully the next magazine arrives just as easily, as the club clearly has my name and address correct in their records.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
I unexpectedly received my 20 year continuous membership plaque in the mail today along with a nice letter from the VMBC President, Darren. Seems to have made it through the mail with no issues. I knew that I had been a member for quite a while, but honestly kind of forgot that it has actually been that long and that the club did plaques to mark the occasion. I have had my 10 year plaque on the shelf with some of my other scooter stuff for a while, but didn't realize it had been there for 10 years!

Hopefully the next magazine arrives just as easily, as the club clearly has my name and address correct in their records.

Congratulations ... 20 years is a pretty good run . :)

Funny you didn't notice 10 years of dust on the first plaque . LOL

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:39 AM »
Anyone have the dates for the 2018 meet?
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
Don't know but love your enthusiasm!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »
Don't know but love your enthusiasm!

I already started on next years project, but it is top secret! Let me know what you find out about the GC electric start, as this could influence the direction I take.
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »
Doing lots of research on GCs.  I know what you are building cuz great minds think alike!  Lol    Really ...I do have a good guess but will keep to myself.

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
Just got the summer magazine in the mail today. It told me all about the great things on tap for the meet in Portland. Too bad the meet was a month ago! Nobody can seem to figure out why my magazine either doesn't show up at all or shows up long after everyone else has received their copy - club says it's not them and they have my info correct. Post office blames the sender, of course, and says it's not their fault and that I need to take it up with the sender.  ???

I'm happy to receive the magazine and still enjoy looking through it but it's a bit annoying to have these delivery issues.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
I got mine last week. Hopefully they can get their act together, and get a working website up and running.
Rick

Cocina_47

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 02:03:25 PM »
I got mine last week also. Sounds like everyone's was late. I'm with RickS, bring back the web site. I don't do Facebook
No matter where you go, there you are

Cocina_47

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 02:11:35 PM »
The woman at the Holiday Inn told me that it was the following week, July 27-29. They were taking pre-registration on paper for aprox. 20 people. Each person could reserve 2 rooms. I missed out on that by Sunday morning checkout. I have since booked July 23-29.
Hope those dates hold.
No matter where you go, there you are

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »

Rick ,

I just asked for the dates on the VMBC Facebook page .
I'll report as soon as I see an answer .