Author Topic: 3 inch tires on simplex as well as brake shoes  (Read 8986 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 3 inch tires on simplex as well as brake shoes
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »
That will be an exciting day for you Henry.  We cant wait either!

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 03:44:59 AM »
I should be able to help with rebushing  the throttle shaft as well.  I haven't tried them out yet but I bought all of Bob Legron's tooling to do it when we were at Portland last year.  Good MS style carbs are hard to find!

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 06:04:21 AM »
When I first suggested Henri contact this forum from the motor bicycle forum I'd hoped for a complete bike restoration and was quite dismayed when it appeared about to be parted out instead. It was just too complete to suffer that indignity. I'm glad this survivor will remain intact and will undergo a rebuild. I'll enjoy reading along with the progress & hope for lots of photos as well. Rick C.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:46 AM »
Pics do save a lot of keyboard time . ;)

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

henrylr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 11:08:34 AM »
Neil

Glad you are getting so many responses. Somewhere I saw a parts list for the tillotson and think it showed the vertical butterfly shaft running through a bushing that was pressed into the shaft hole in the bottom of the carb body (maybe its in the manual I gave you). Also thought that bushing might be a standard size and still available, Tillotson is still in business, or that one could be made, from an oil-lite bushing, on a small lathe. As I mentioned, on this site and, in the ad, the only missing parts are muffler, air filter, wrist pin retaining clips and front fender mounting bracket. It will also need new points. The points mounting bracket is in one of the parts boxes. Maybe someone can help you get those parts. Thinking back a woodruff key or two may also be needed. You may recall that I showed you the cam with the cam key in the cam.  I put it there instead of in the crankshaft cam key slot so I wouldn’t forget where it went.

Henry