Author Topic: Oddity?  (Read 2148 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oddity?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 07:15:16 AM »
I was hoping you would get it, but it was not to be.  Maybe whoever bough it will step forward with more info on it, if they have any.
Rick

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 07:36:28 AM »
Hey guys, I bought this engine last nite. Supposed to be here by Friday. But we'll be gone to Dauphin Island for a week. I hope it arrives before we go or it's going to be a long weeks wait to check it out. I thought it was cool. I may be wrong but I figure any complete original engine is worth 500 to 600 bucks all day long. I've got a couple of frames that were push start never had a kick start. I thought this might be a cool setup for one of these. Original engines are hard to come by. The price of an original bike is reflected in the price they bring with original power vs optional power. Customs are really user friendly though. I'll bring it to Portland where we can check it out. Just a month now, can't wait. Bob

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »
Hey guys, I bought this engine last nite. Supposed to be here by Friday. But we'll be gone to Dauphin Island for a week. I hope it arrives before we go or it's going to be a long weeks wait to check it out. I thought it was cool. I may be wrong but I figure any complete original engine is worth 500 to 600 bucks all day long. I've got a couple of frames that were push start never had a kick start. I thought this might be a cool setup for one of these. Original engines are hard to come by. The price of an original bike is reflected in the price they bring with original power vs optional power. Customs are really user friendly though. I'll bring it to Portland where we can check it out. Just a month now, can't wait. Bob

Excellent Bob.  Be sure to take a lot of pictures as you rebuild it.  I wonder what it is going to look like under the cooling shroud. I am curious if there is a fan in it.

See you in Portland!
Rick