Author Topic: AMCA Rhinebeck 2017  (Read 2311 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMCA Rhinebeck 2017
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »
Anyone going to the AMCA meet in Rhinebeck, NY this friday or saturday?  I will be there friday, weather permitting.
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AMCA Rhinebeck 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:49:02 AM »
Hmm.  11 hours from me.

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:03:01 PM »
So...how did this go?

I have been an AMCA member for only 4-5 years or so and have never been to one of the big national meets, which are almost all pretty far away from where I am. I have gone to some of the smaller, local events hosted by the chapter in my area, though I am not actually a local chapter member. They were interesting, but no scooters or motorbikes were anywhere to be found.

What is the scooter and motorbike scene like at the national AMCA meets? How big are the meets in terms of people and stuff?

Did anyone here go to the Wauseon AMCA meet that took place on the same weekend as the VMBC meet? 

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:55:43 PM »
Doodle Bugger, I apologize for not seeing this before.  The Rhinebeck meet used to be fantastic, but 2 years ago they moved the date to the July 4th weekend. What this has done is caused the meet to lose more than half its participants, in my estimation.  There was some talk about moving the date again, to try to recoup the lost crowds.  The meet wasn’t moved by choice, but lost out to the GoodGuys East Coast Nationals, which makes a lot more money for the fairgrounds.

That said, there are almost no scooters at this meet, except for a couple of Servi-Cycles.  You do see some of the small Honda cycles, mostly used to get around the meet.
Rick