Author Topic: Ebay Ride  (Read 538 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ebay Ride
« on: August 08, 2017, 03:11:24 AM »
Award winning?  Those judging entities are in for a real treat then if they were to see some of our rides!  That's the first 'cut-a-way cover I have seen!  Looks like the wrong cylinder.  The compression release is screwed into a hole I am not sure ever went anywhere or even had threads to begin with. I mean...what else is there?!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-Other-Makes-Simplex-Servi-Cycle-/192270123177?hash=item2cc43140a9:g:vOEAAOSwTzlZiIsK&vxp=mtr

pd

• View Profile
Re: Ebay Ride
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:16:06 AM »
" It has won national awards from the Antique Auto Association of America and State awards from the Historic Vintage Chevrolet Club of Delaware. "

Consider the source^ and the year of the awards , 1986 . The judges probably never saw a Simplex before .

Maybe the compression release was simply put on the motor to help make it look older . It isn't hooked up .

The exhaust doesn't seem to be original . Looks like a curl pipe with a washer welded in the end .
The cylinder seems to be from a late model ( with a missing fin ).
I can't make out what configuration is being used for the throttle control and I've never seen the throttle cable routed like that .

There's likely other things 'of interest' , but not enough pictures .

I hope it sells for huge money . Maybe it'll help bump values .

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:21:25 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)