Author Topic: Easter Tryke  (Read 2694 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easter Tryke
« on: April 21, 2019, 06:32:53 PM »
Sooo......Sorry for the slight hiatus!  After a few turn and burn road trips.  A couple for myself and some for work I set myself busy on restoring this tricycle.   What an adventure. I bought this in Portland a few years back.  It was pretty rough. Lots and lots of miles. The rear axle was severely bent. In fact, the rear of the center tube and lower portion was bent to hell!  If you look closely you will see how I used a muffler pipe repair tube to fix it all up.  Plus the steering neck was bent.  Really I guess everything was bent! 

I put the rear wheels in the lathe and trued them up and restored the ribbed tread.  I actually found the decal kit and etc. on Ebay.  So by then I had to do this.  I had sent the chrome pieces out when I sent my scooter stuff out so all of that was done. 

Turned it into a Easter basket for my granddaughter Mia.  She is 2yrs and 8 mons.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easter Tryke
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 05:50:22 AM »
That’s awesome Tom!  I love seeing old stuff brought back to life instead of tossed in the garbage.
Rick

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:14:42 AM »
2yrs. old and a cool ride like. Looks like grandpa is getting her ready for Portland in a few more years. I'll bet that baby girl had a grin from ear to ear. Beautiful restoration, like the rest of your toys. Hope everyone had a good Easter. See you in Portland. Bob

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »
Very nicely done , Tom .

Red , the same color as my childhood three wheeler . Only mine was about a 14" front wheel .
And , that tail section ... If you hadn't told us , I doubt anyone would know . ;)

Pete :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:12:31 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)