Author Topic: Whats's up from San Diego  (Read 1082 times)

Carnold

• View Profile
Whats's up from San Diego
« on: June 26, 2018, 11:18:13 PM »
Hey what's up guys, my name is Connor Arnold. I'm 15 years old and I live in sunny San Diego. I'm a big vintage bicycle collector, some of you guys might know me from the Cabe (Connor).

Anyways, I recently finished up my first 49' Whizzer Pacemaker and since then I've been hooked on motorized stuff. Last weekend, my dad and I drove up to Huntington Beach to pick up 2 Simplex automatics from a guy CJ (he posted some stuff about them a year ago).

One is an OG 1954 Simplex Anniversary edition Automatic. I spent all day yesterday and today getting it cleaned up and it came out looking amazing! I've decided to sell it because I really don't need 2 of them... It's currently listed on the Cabe and If I have time tomorrow, I'll list it on here.

The other one is an older restoration 56'. It's been pretty beaten up over the years and when I got it the engine was all torn apart. Hoping to get it up and running this summer, ride it and then fully restore it. Don't know what it needs in terms of parts. Probably going to hit up Wayne for some stuff... Anyone got any tips, tricks or recommendations for putting the engine back together? I know on Whizzer's to coat certain parts of the engine internals. But don't really know anything about these bikes... Should be a fun project and any help would be deeply appreciated! Thanks!
-Connor   

pd

• View Profile
Re: Whats's up from San Diego
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:48:22 AM »
Welcome Conner . :)

Nice job on the Whizzer . And , good scores on the Simplex .
Don't be shy about asking questions . We may not have all the answers , but , we'll give our best guesses . ;)

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 06:50:08 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Carnold

• View Profile
Re: Whats's up from San Diego
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 05:17:11 PM »
Thanks Pete! Just posted some stuff in the engine section...
-Connor