Author Topic: Event for Trikes  (Read 5138 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Event for Trikes
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:48 PM »
Just saw a posting about a special invitation going out to 3 wheeled servi-cycles (any brand)  to attend the d'Elegance show on 29 July this year in Plymouth, Michigan. 
Mike Sal

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Event for Trikes
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:08:21 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe Bill Marcum and I can make this. I know he is just a skip away and I am only 2 hours to the north.

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
kartjockey
  Keep me in mind if the schedual permits I would like to go . I will post a link on the Event post under Other Things Simplex. I am on the other side of Plymouth by Metro Airport . Bill Marcum

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »
I used to spend a lot of time coming & going out of Metro.  I handled our GM (went to the engineering center in Romulus a lot) accounts, then later our Chrysler accounts (both Highland Park & then at the new headquarters).....my company supplied water pumps to the big 3.  I don't miss Detroit at all!!!
Mike Sal

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
Mike
 If you are comimg out this way give me a e-mail shout, my e-mail address is in my profile. Maybe we can get together and talk Simplex (a new old Language ) LOL . I am in Romulus and work for the City of Romulus .  I am off on the week ends and work till 3:30 on week days. I am 1 1/2 Mile from the airport. Bill Marcum

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »
I'll remember that bill.  Our corporate owner sold us to another corporation & as a result, my job changed.  Instead of going to detroit once a week, I only have to go 2 or 3 times a year now (the only thing I miss are the Coney Islands....and going to the henry ford once in a while).  I've got a couple of suppliers on Plymouth road that need tune ups every so often.

What was the name of that bar/restaurant on Merriman (I think) that had the Gi-normus burgers & fries?  That place was ok.
Mike Sal

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »
  Mike Sal,Sounds like you like a little food with that bun. That is the Wheat & Rye they have Good food ! I also know of a few more places to eat. Bill Marcum 8)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »
Yes!!  The wheat & rye!  We would take an engineer from romulus engineering (we supplied both the fuel pump and water pump for the 6.5L diesel engine used in the military hummer) there for a meal sometimes & this guy was 6'2 & 220.  He could woof down the entire plate & as many beers as you could hand him.  I was always a big eater, but he could put me under the table anytime.
Mike Sal