Author Topic: A rider ...  (Read 165034 times)

pd

• View Profile
Re: A rider ...
« Reply #705 on: August 29, 2017, 06:09:08 AM »
I can see your point , Rick .

I suppose I can still make the switch .
If you , or anyone else , run across any of my posts/threads that need image updates , please bump them or let me know and I'll fix them .

And , eliminating 'clutter' is probably a good idea .

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:55:29 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #706 on: August 29, 2017, 07:39:12 AM »

If you , or anyone else , run across any of my posts/threads that need image updates , please bump them or let me know and I'll fix them .

I wanted to see if anyone was going to update their pictures, but it seems unlikely.  I follow another forum, and only 1 person there has updated anything either.  A lot of the people that posted several years ago do not even come here any longer, so we can count them out.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 29, 2017, 08:20:59 AM »

I wanted to see if anyone was going to update their pictures, but it seems unlikely.  I follow another forum, and only 1 person there has updated anything either.  A lot of the people that posted several years ago do not even come here any longer, so we can count them out.

Maybe if you published a notice on the home page about the 'situation' ( make very noticeable ) . A few might make their posts / threads right .

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2017, 03:07:50 AM »
Rick S. I so appreciate the work you do on this site. Posting photos direct here is extremely easy compared to some forums as is navigating...great work!  Rick C.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
I've been starting to get things ready for the road , as we'll be heading South West in a few weeks .

I did get a few of the Rockport rusted spots cleaned up on the bike , but , it still needs a lot of work to be decent .

This site has been slow lately . I guess everyone is getting ready for the road . ;)

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 15, 2017, 09:51:54 AM »
I did a little more cleaning and a bit of paint happened .
The bike starts every time , with the aid if my drill . :(

Once we get 'settled' in Az. for a while , I have Wayne send a new piston and rings to see if I can up the compression .
I'm pretty sure low compression is my main problem and if it isn't , at least, I'll have eliminated that possibility .

I'm getting short on time , as we'll be motoring toward the Mexican border by this time next week .
It's only in the mid 50s today and predicted to be in the mid 30s tonight . BRRR . Too dang cold for my liking , anymore .

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 15, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
Heading all the way to the Valley this Winter Pete?

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »
Heading all the way to the Valley this Winter Pete?

A little farther west . We might even dare set foot inside of California .
My wife's aunt lives in Queen Creek , just outside Phoenix . She has been after us to visit for the last 7 - 8 years .
So , we'll do the Southwestern U.S. until the Spring of '19 . Then head to Michigan for a Summer long visit .
Those are the general plans anyway .