Author Topic: vmbc web site  (Read 8594 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: vmbc web site
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 07:14:09 PM »
I think Wayne stays off the grid because he doesn't want to scale up.  Between the cushman & simplex stuff, I think he stays as busy as he wants to be.

The VMBC is a pretty decent sized club.  It's hard to believe that there aren't some younger members who are better connected than we are & as frustrated as we are that could push the old timers along a little.  Could be just no body wants to pick up the ball & run with it.  I was a newsletter editor for our local studebaker club for 10 years & I got super burned out.

As much as we want to complain, if none of us are willing to step up to the plate, `we're stuck with what we got.....
Mike Sal

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 07:28:38 AM »
They've had folks (including me, actually) offer to help and express interest in club "jobs" and leadership roles. My experience has been that they simply aren't interested doing anything different. They get upset and defensive when suggestions are made and questions are asked even when done so in a calm, logical, non-personal-attack sort of way. I can only conclude they don't want to hear it and certainly don't want or feel they need any change.

In terms of personnel and those with "power" (if you want to call it that)...well, you're either in the inner-circle or you're not. If you're not in it, your chances of working your way in are pretty slim. It's almost impossible for new folks to work their way to the inside when, rather than hold elections, folks get hand picked and receive an appointment to the post from whomever currently holds the job or is the club President. The general membership doesn't have a clue any of this is going on until they've read (sort-of) about this stuff in the magazine months after is actually happened.

Yeah, I know...I need to get over it. That club seems destined to the poster child of "it is what it is." Take it or leave it, I guess.

Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
Doodle Bugger,
You are right in all aspects.
I once belonged to an international organization that went south because of the older members refusal to move forward.
I'll not mention it's name for respect of my elders that might see this but it is a shame on them to let something die.
I have been a business owner for most of my life. My philosophy in business is that "If it is not growing it is dying"
The same is true in many things such as clubs, churches, schools etc.
It is a sad fact that some people never see this and let some things go by the wayside due to their ignorance or like of foresight. We do what we can but some times we need to stand down and let nature take it's course.
Enough Said
Cheers
Stafford

bjm

• View Profile
    • millers powder coating
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:49 AM »
doodle bugger  is right on as always about the vmbc. after I got my wonderful reply from Darren last year, I decided I can live without their Cushman magazine every quarter. and that's all I ask was why they don't have more pixs of ALL motorbikes. the answer was because DAD  wont change. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :'(

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 05:25:14 AM »
nothing worse than a stagnant club......without the Portland meet theyld have nothing.