Author Topic: Simplex Scooter on eBay  (Read 6592 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Simplex Scooter on eBay
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »
Someone got a good deal on a scooter on eBay.  The final price was $838.  The scooter did not run, but looked like it was very complete.  I should have bid more!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:23:24 AM by RickS »
Rick

pd

• View Profile
Re: Simplex Scooter on eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
I'd say they got a good deal . That scooter looks to be in great shape . It shouldn't take much to turn that into a show piece .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
sorry to report this,but that scooter along with a 46 servicycle was stolen from me late last year!   I was terminated from my job at the golf course because of all the hardware in my legs and afterwich i ended up in the hospital from some some kind of seizure , I couldn't possibly get all my stuff out of there and that sociopath Mark Patterson put all my stuff on auction !    Hes a real piece of work ,putting the pastime projects of a crippled guy up for sale , when he could have just left the stuff behind the truck at the course Till I recovered enough  to come get it !    comments please ,,,,,,,, all the guys that work there can verify this,  Larry Brown  new #  772 563 7387

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »
Hey Larry ,

Sounds like he had it in for you .
I hope you've recovered and are doing good .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »
Larry, Is this the scooter that you bought from Gary while we were visiting with him several years ago?  What a terrible story-that bum needs a visit from Guido - the guy who can break his knee caps!!!!!!! I'll be calling you soon. Mike

WillH

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
Hey Larry; I know about loosing a project that one has put so much work into. The bike on the left is an "H", rocker clutch that I did a ground up restoration in the early seventies; that's when parts were found in Hemmings and information whereever one could find it. It's a long story, but the bike was stolen from me and I know who took it and I think I know where it is now but it would cost a fortune to recover it. It was a partner-ship deal and the partner took the bike. Word of mouth agreement, so no way to prove anything.

Will 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that Larry.  Did you try to get the police involved to recover it?  That guy also sold a servi-cycle around the same time, was that yours also?
Rick

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 03:45:17 AM »
I'd run the whole story by a police detective.....doesnt hurt to try