Author Topic: My 48  (Read 3337 times)

Jeff L

• View Profile
    • Email
My 48
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
When I got this Bike I took it apart & boxed it up cause I had no room for it.Of course being in Boxes it's easy to forget.Well I finally dug it out after a whole lot of Years.It is pretty much complete as far as I remember minus a few small Items.I wanted to PC the Frame but my Buddy never got back to me so I settled for Paint.Some Pics of it primed & painted
If it came to you in a box it 's not Custom, it's just bought.

Jeff L

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My 48
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:16:42 PM »
Everything else I'll be able to PC myself.Here are a couple more Pieces that I shot & put back on

Jeff L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »
after a long time without doing anything on this, I did manage to get a little done.Everything is pitted real bad, & I decided it's gonna be easier on me to prep for Paint than it would be for Powder.The Tank & front Fender were painted.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »
That doesn't look too bad , from here . ;)

A little at a time will get the job done eventually . Just keep plugging and keep us updated .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Jeff L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
Some of the Parts need to be redone.I was trying to throw it together just to get to an Event on the Beach in Oct. here in Jersey.It's not gonna happen, so now I can take my time & do it right.

Jeff L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
Wheel laced up.I had planned to paint Rim,Hub,& Spokes all flat Black.After looking at it,I think it's gonna need a little contrast.So I'll just paint the Rim & Hub,leaving Spokes Stainless.Might hit them with Scotch Brite for a satin finish.To give an Idea how pitted the Rim was.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »
That rim doesn't look too bad to me.  I would have primed with a high build primer, then sanded it smooth.

I would take the rim apart again, paint the hub and rim, and then  respoke.  You will get a much nicer finish that way.

Keep us updated!
Rick

Jeff L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »
That's the Plan...To take it apart.This is my 1st attempt at Paint.I'll have to look into the High Build Primer.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:37 AM »
That's the Plan...To take it apart.This is my 1st attempt at Paint.I'll have to look into the High Build Primer.

High build primer is really good for this.  They are almost like sprayable bondo.  I like Z-Chrome rust defender and All-U-Need, both by Clausen.  They are expensive but are great for this application.

I have also used Eastwood's Contour Polyester Primer, which is cheaper than the Clausen's, with good results.
Rick