Author Topic: 1953 servi-cycle  (Read 3722 times)

Ed Steele

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - edwinjsteele
    • View Profile
    • Email
1953 servi-cycle
« on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:26 AM »
well, sad to say, but i think i have to sell my 53 non auto servi-cycle, it is all original and would take very little to restore, nothing is rusted out, the motor is free aaand rotating, the rims, tank, fenders are in exceptional shape, the tail light lense is missing as is the air cleaner assembly, and the headlight lense is broken. this was my grandfathers bike, he bought it new in 53, painted it in 59 (was maroon, now black) then drove it 200 miles and parked it in the garage never to be seen again till a couple of years ago when i aquired it. I am posting it here first, i would rather see someone who appreciates this bike get it than someone who is gonna make a custom out of it. my daughters health forces the sale of this rare beauty

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 servi-cycle
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »
Eddie, post some pictures so we can see what you have.  I didn't think they made manual shift bikes after 1952.  Does the tank still have the original decal on it? 
Rick

butch27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
What price range are you thinking?

BPerry2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
Hey Eddie, where is this bike located?

Ed Steele

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:10:04 AM »
sorry, i havent taken any pics to post yet, but i assure you it is in very good shape for an almost 60yr old bike, it is located in waterford michigan, thats in oakland county. and i have no idea what its worth, so i don't even know where to begin on a price.  Thank you for your inquiries

Ed Steele

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:31 AM »
hey rick, i was on, i think it was wayne's old site, and looked up the number on the bottom of the gooseneck and by the number it was a 1953, and it has a belt running to a clutch mechanizm from the motor, and another belt running from that to the rear rim, and a clutch pedal on the left side of the bike that operates the whole thing. the decal on the tank is unfortunatly missing or painted over, compliments of my grandfathers paint job, i will try to get out to the garage later this week and take some pics and try to post them by the weekend.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:46 AM »
That old simplex site was run by a guy named Pat Williams, I believe.  Wayne is not too computer savvy, and he told me he doesn't get on the computer much.   The number on my 53 is 06379, and I have what I believe to be a 54 with frame # 08284.  What is the number on yours?  Rick
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:20:46 PM by admin »
Rick