Author Topic: Just got my First Simplex!  (Read 2234 times)

Craig

• View Profile
    • Email
Just got my First Simplex!
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:25:27 PM »
Hello everyone. I just got my first simplex (won't be my last) and I am trying to find out more about it. Based on what I found on this website it looks like it is a pre '48 frame (kickstand is on left rear), has a goose neck style handle bar (as opposed to the plate) and I don't have a number, yet alone a place for the number under the neck. (not boxed). however I have an engine number of "M13376B" , I have a gas tank that seems to match the frame (single fill on right). I have no cover on the right of the engine and I don't know if it was a kick start or push start or what? It does have an extension coming out of the frame under the right side of the engine, but no mechanism on it just a snap ring. I will post pictures of any area if requested. I got it for $600 including clean title. any help would be greatly appreciated. (title says '47 but could be wrong due to human error or year sold?)
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would of said faster horses"    -Henry Ford

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just got my First Simplex!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
Welcome!  It sounds like an early frame with a late engine.  Post a couple of pictures and we will try to help you out as much as we can.  Does the frame have a transmission?
Rick

pd

• View Profile
Re: Just got my First Simplex!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »
Welcome Craig . :)

Sounds like a good start . Definitely post a few pics .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)